chapter 17

Kevin pov

I was laying down on my bed thinking about Mellisa. I had to keep my distance from her for awhile . Some priests were in the area along with the cult members no doubt looking for me. I couldn't put her in danger. I wonder what was going through her mind right now. I turned into my stomach and buried my face In my pillow. Malcolm has been asking me about her. If I called her, how was she doing. The likes, causing me to get suspicious. My face was still in the pillow when he walked into my room without knocking. (talk about bad manners )
"hey man, have you heard from your girlfriend? " I rolled over to look at him sitting on my bed.
"why do you care?" I glaring at him.
"oh nothing "he said. I rolled back over not in the mood to talk to him.
"I just thought you should know how good she feels for such a loser" I slowly rolled over to see his face holding a big grin.
"her skin soft, her lips even softer and her Brea".my fist met with his face in a instance. I was beyond angry. He jumped up and rush at me, punching me in the face, I flinch slightly as he threw another punch I caught it and send another to his face. I started seeing red as I beat the shit out of him. I was losing control as I kicked him in his stomach and into the walk staring at him with my glowing eyes. I looked into the mirror studying my self.
"what the fu,*k are you?" he asked more like shout at me.
"I'll be your worse nightmare, if you ever touch my girl again" I told him as I rush to the window and jump out. I turn the corner and came upon a man dress in white robe. He was a priest. His eyes widen as he saw my eyes. I couldn't let him go so I shove my jeans through his chest pulling his beating heart out. The thrill of the kill soon vanish as I saw the dead man and the ground and his heart in my hand. I drop it and ran towards Mellisa house. I knock on the door, no answer. I panic and immediately tried the lock. It was open I rush inside and saw the bathroom door close then I smelled the blood I kick the door open, my eyes stopped at Mellisa on the floor with a razor. I kneel before her frighten face her eyes widen and her mouth open in shock when she saw my hand. I quickly wash it off. Seeing the poor man's face over and over again. I dried my hand on my jeans and kneeled back before her.
"what happen mel" she looked down but didn't answer. I took the razor from her hand and threw it across the room. Her towel was bloody, I almost cry at her condition, my heart breaking.
I got a clean towel and gave it to her turning away as she put it on.
"why did you do this?" I asked after she was finish. Still no answer. I hovered my hand over her wounds on her legs and fold them into a fist as she hissed in pain. I was closing up the wounds. I did the same to her arms.
"okay am going to lift you up and bring you to the bed" I told her, she nod and I smiled in relieve I brought her to her bed then head back into the bathroom to clean it up. When I was finish I came back out and sat on the bed beside her. We were quiet.
"Malcolm touch me" she said in a small voice.
"I know " I said looking at the bathroom door.
"the-blood!" she looked at me shaking her head
"you didn't kill him, did you?"
I shook my head no and look at my hand
"I couldn't kill him I beat him senseless the"i told her
"the missionaries are here" I laid on my back my hands over my face .
"they are going to kill me" I told her. She turned her head and stare at me.
"what?" I smile sadly and sat up "that's why I wasn't around I didn't want them to know am involve with you " I told her
"why didn't you just tell me?" she asked in a hurt voice.
"they were watching me" I told her. I slowly raise my hand to her cheek. "it's been hard to stay away but I had to and now that an here am afraid your in danger the one I wanted to keep you from" I told her she held my hand her other hand securing her towel.
"it's OK Kevin were in this together" she told me.
"I don't want you getting hurt, I rather die alone than lose you, " I brought her hand to my lips and kiss it.
"I am in love with you Mellisa Phillips "