~Family Secrets

As we were almost finished cooking the meal, I heard the door open and people welcoming someone. "Oh, that's Julia." Ms. Jackson said without a doubt. I looked towards the living room. I hope David was okay in there. "He'll be okay honey, he's a man." she said, as if my mind was an open book. I smiled at her. "Yes mam, I know." I said. I heard footsteps approach the kitchen. Someone walked up beside me and I looked over to see a crystal white face with blue eyes looking at me curiously.

I could tell she was wondering why I was here and who I was. "I'm Victoria, I'm...David's girlfriend." I said sweetly as I snapped the green beans into a white bowl. She looked at me, examining me. "Oh, that's great...I'm Julia, his-" "Ex-girlfriend, I know." I said. She smiled unwillingly and looked at Ms. Jackson. "Hey Ms. Jackson, you're looking more beautiful than ever." she complimented. Ms. Jackson chuckled a little. "Aww thank you beautiful." she said taking the roast out of the oven. Tracey walked over to Julia popping her gum. "Hey girl, so how's Kayla doing?" she asked her, flipping her honey golden hair. Julia smiled at the subject. "She's doing so great, she's growing so fast, I can't believe it, she is so beautiful, Brandon and I signed her up for pre-k, she's very smart." she bragged.

She had long and wavy dirty blonde hair. Her skin was flawless, and she was as skinny as a toothpick...as I looked her over, the only good feature on her body was her face, to be honest. It disgusted me as how she could stand there and not feel an ounce of sympathy or respect towards David, I bet she didn't even care about what she did to him. I shook my head as I thought about how he probably was feeling right now. And as I glanced over at Ms. Jackson, I wasn't the only one who wished she would leave. "Baby will you please place the green beans in the skillet, I'll have it from there." she said. "Yes mam." I answered respectfully as I was brought up. Now that I notice, Lisa and Daisy didn't greet her since she stepped in the kitchen, I wonder why? They looked at her as if they couldn't stand the ground she walked on, as if she was a walking pestilence.

I sat down and watched as they basically ignored everyone else's existence in the room. Then after they were done chatting, Julia looked at Daisy and Lisa who were talking amongst themselves. "Hey Lisa and Daisy, I didn't even notice you two were over there sitting in the corner together." she said in a sarcastic way. They rolled their eyes and continued in their conversation as if she wasn't there. She didn't seem to mind either. She had on daisy dukes and a white knot tied shirt. She had a piercing in her stomach that made me feel uneasy. "So, Victoria, how long have you and David been dating?" she asked nonchalantly as if she didn't care one way or the other. "Few weeks, not very long." I said as I smoothed my dress down. She looked at my dress as she sipped on her beer. "I didn't really know David had...jungle fever." she said.

Ms. Jackson rose her eyebrows as Lisa and Daisy stared at her in shock. I tried my best not to tear her skinny behind off in front of everyone. "Well, now you know." I said as I sipped on some sweet tea that Daisy made earlier. She rolled her eyes. "Really? I don't know why he's with you... you're...too-" "What? black?" I asked her loudly. She didn't say anything and took another sip of her cold drink. "Nope, too...too...-" "What, lady like, you're not going to come in my house and talk about my daughter in law, she's my guest and you will respect her or you can get out...and to be honest I never really wanted you here to begin with, so feel free to leave if you're offended." Ms. Jackson barked at her. Her eyes were vicious and I know she meant exactly what she said. Julia scoffed at her. "I'll leave when I get good and ready, you're not all sweet as cotton candy as everyone thinks you to be, and frankly I don't want to be here, and I definitely wouldn't have came if I knew Tyra Banks were going to be here." she said.

"Get...out before I drag you out, and don't test me, if I did it once I'm not afraid to do it again." Ms. Jackson threatened her. Julia didn't say anything, the color from her high cheekbones drained away as she stormed out swinging her long wavy hair. Lisa and Daisy rolled their eyes. "I'm so glad she's leaving, I didn't want to be in her presence." Daisy confessed. Lisa nodded. "She always try to make people feel bad about themselves, and brag about her daughter...who isn't Blakes', she'll look really stupid if we told him that." Lisa assured us. Ms. Jackson cooked the green beans as a bulk like dude came in the kitchen. He had blonde hair and he looked like a jock from college, like a sorority type of dude, he was bare chested and had on shades. "Mom, what's the matter...Julia said you threatened her?" Blake asked. Ms. Jackson rolled her eyes. "Look, she has come in my house harassing everyone, I'm not going to let her or you disrespect me in my house, and I don't know why she sent you as if I was afraid of you." she chuckled.