~Family Business~ Part One

(10:00 a.m.)

We pulled up into my mom and dad's parking spaces. They were close to being filthy rich. They had ordered a parking lot, so family cars and guests wouldn't get on their precious grass. When David went to open the door, I slammed it back shut. "What?" he asked. "Let me look at you first." I said, scanning him from head toe. "It doesn't matter, I'm just your friend, they won't care." he said. "No, you have to look good even as a friend, then they'll say I pick out ugly friends with no sense of fashion, do you want that?" I asked him seriously.

My family meant alot to me and I know it's not like we're dating or anything, but still...he still is going to represent how I pick out my friends and stuff like that.

"I- I guess-" Exactly, you look good, just fix your tie." I told him. He squinted his eyes. "Does it matter, it's not like we're dating, I assure you it doesn't matter." he said. I rolled my eyes. "So." I said as I sprayed him with Polo Men's cologne. "Really Victoria?" he said, fanning the air. "You smell good though." I said, stepping out of the car. "Let me ask you a question, why do you keep men's cologne in your purse?" he asked, stepping out of the car. "I keep cologne in my purse for when my boyfriends are about to meet my parents." I explained, re-glossing my lips.

He tilted his back a bit. "Oh, so I'm your boyfriend now, no one told me this." he joked. I rolled my eyes laughing. "Shut-up." I said. We walked up the stone path that lead to the wooden door.

"Oh, and if my dad is here, he's probably going to question you, but don't worry

"Oh, and if my dad is here, he's probably going to question you, but don't worry...he may seem intimidating at first, bringing up his past missions from the Marines, but don't be scared, he won't do anything...unless you say something he doesn't like." I said. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Well then, I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself huh?" he said. "Can you?" I asked. "You look  beautiful." he said. I blushed, shaking my head. "Thank you." I said as I rung the doorbell. "You think they're going to know we're just friends?" he asked. I shook my head. "Nope." I said.  A jade eyed, woman opened the door, holding a glass of wine in her hand.

Her naturally black curly hair was gone and was replaced with a dirty light brown bob.