~Unexpected~

David POV: (PLEASE PLAY THE MUSIC, GOES BEAUTIFULLY WITH THIS!!)

       I threw on a shirt and some jeans before walking outside with my suitcase. As I looked up I saw Julia standing before me with a displeased look on her face. "Why are you doing this?" she asked. Her hands were crossed over her chest. My hand tightened on the strap of my bookbag. "What are you talking about?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

"You're chasing her...why, she obviously doesn't want you." she said harshly. I sighed. "It's really none of your business what I do, and you're the last person I'd take advice from." I said icily. I walked around her to a blue car I had rented. "Yeah, well...when did you ever start to date black women?" she asked annoyed. I cocked my head back as if she spitted on me. "Excuse me...I can love anyone I d*** choose to, and don't think that it has anything to do with you or Blake." I said clearly for her to hear.

"You know she's probably going to dump you for her "baby daddy", be honest you're just with her for the money." she said. "What? no unlike you I'm loyal...and I don't mooch off of other people...I make my own money, and believe it or not I actually do love her." I said. I threw my stuff in the backseat and closed the door. She shook her head. "You're making a big mistake David...what do you see in he- "Why do you care, it's none of your concern, so mind your own business drag queen." I said as I walked to the driver's side. Her mouth dropped open. "I am NOT a drag queen, Victoria is!" she yelled. "Listen, I really don't care what you think about me and her...I love her and that's the end of it." I said, cranking the car.

"Well that was unexpected...I broke your heart and now you're done with your own race." she loathed. "No! I'm not, you need to chill out...I don't have to explain my feelings to you anyway, so bye." I said closing my car door, and driving off before she could open her trout mouth. That was crazy...why does she care anyway? It's not like I want her back...ugh. As I drove down the road, I saw a store named Kay's Jewelry. Hmm. I drove into the parking lot and parked the car. Oh my gosh. What am I doing? I felt my heart accelerate as I walked closer to the store. I'm going to make it official, but first I need to ask both her fathers.

I stopped in my track and looked in the sky. With a deep sigh, I said, "Dear God, I want to ask for your permission to marry your daughter, Victoria...I know I'm not perfect Lord God, I'll do whatever I have to do to be what I have to be for her, I promise to love her as you love the church, I promise to never hurt her intentionally, and...Lord God I believe you died for my sins, I believe your Son, Jesus Christ died for me on the cross for all of my sins, God I believe it and I accept you into my heart to make a home there, Lord God make this heart of stone into a heart of flesh...in Jesus name, Amen." I prayed. I learned most of this from christian camps, but instead of just saying it for nothing, I actually meant it this time.

When I opened my eyes again I noticed I was on my knees and that my hands were in the air, and there were a few people around me, praying with me, touching my shoulders. As I stood up, a young man and woman, smiled at me and hugged me. "Anywhere is perfect." the man black man said. I smiled. The lady beside him handed me a tissue and rubbed my back. "Yes...God told me to tell you...yes, I don't know what." she said happily smiling with tears in her eyes. I looked in the dark sky that was clothed with stars. I smiled. "Thank you God." I said. I promised God that I'd live for him and I promised to take care of his daughter, and not to get in her way of worshipping Him and that I'd actually be with her.

"Go and sin no more." I heard a voice whisper deep inside me. I smiled and knew it was God. I knew it had to be real. He was real. I hugged the couple and walked into the store. I walked up to the glass counter that held 100's of different fancy rings. They all sparkled at my eyes. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw Vashan? I smiled at him and shook his hand. '"Hey man, I didn't know you worked here." I said. He smiled back. "Yeah man, I flew up here yesterday to see if this job was good for me and my family, plus I like looking at things like this, I'm getting married to Victoria's sister Lizzie...I call her that, but what brings you in here?" he asked amused.