||CHAPTER 7||

Annika was not being able to focus on her work, it had been a week Nikhil was back but he was behaving so out of character. When asked where he was throughout the month he casually answered that he was on a vacation with a friend.

This clearly infuriated Annika, here his parents, she and her boss were working day and night to search for him and he was enjoying without informing anyone. When asked with which friend he very rudely replied that she is still not his wife that he would give each minute detail to her. Although Annika never was head over heels in love with him but this impertinence was damn hurting for her.

"Annika?" she heard a call and turned to see Shivaay standing beside her. He had changed so much over the time. He was not the devil she knew but a really caring and sweet person. She was really apprehensive to take his help but he did everything in his reach to help her and didn't even said a word when he got to know that Nikhil was just playing around.

He had given her a cabin just beside his so that she doesn't have to rush through lift everytime he ask for her and she was really thankful to him. Although being alone with him in an entire floor with the gaze of those blue green eyes always on her through the glass wall that separate their cabins always left her bothered!

"Where are you lost Annika? You aren't done with even a single file." she heard him and looked down to see that she was still on the first page of the first file. She led out a frustrated sigh before replying "I am so sorry Shivaay sir, I don't know where my mind is lost!"

"Everything's okay? " he asked concerned and Annika nodded in positive trying to concentrate back on her work when Shivaay closed the file "Do one thing,  let's grab a coffee. You will feel fresh and you can share your issue with me. You know there is a really nice cafe opened nearby."

"but----" Annika trailed off only to be stopped by his fingers on her lips that could do lot more to her than just shutting her up.

"No excuses come on let's go, anyway even I am feeling quite lousy." he said taking his finger back not before tracing over those plums which haunt him everytime he look at her.

"Fine!" she agreed smiling. It was anyway useless to fight with him. Over the time they have reached to quite a comfort zone and have been friends. Annika never knew that this forced job would turn out to be something she would love to do with such a friendly boss. He wasn't that bad!

They arrived at the cafe with Shivaay's bodyguards still following him. The manager himself came to receive them when he saw Shivaay Singh Oberoi at his cafe's doorstep. Annika couldn't help but  gawk at his star attitude and the attention he get.

"Good morning sir. It's such a pleasure to have you in our cafe! How can I help you?" the manager asked politely with an overly sweet smile as few more waiters came to attend them. "A table for two." Shivaay replied without wishing him back but the manger was way too happy with his arrival to be offended by his Impoliteness.

"This way sir, this way mam" escorted the manager and Annika awkwardly walked beside Shivaay. She is clearly not used to this attention. They settled down on their couches on the exclusive corner of the cafe while the manager himself took their orders. "Sir, Mam what would you like to have?"

"One espresso for me and Annika what would you like to have?" Shivaay asked in a tone which was clearly different to the one he used for the manager. "Umm I'll have a cappuccino." Annika answered meekly seeing most of the cafe staff present around them along with all the customers' eyes."Annika have something to eat as well, you'll feel better." Shivaay forwarded the menu toward her and she looked at it awkwardly because it feels like everyone is waiting for her answer only. Come-on they can't all stare her like this just because she is with Shivaay Singh Oberoi!