[4] Ice cream insurance

---

"We find ourselves in a bewildering world. We want to make sense of what we see around us and to ask: What is the nature of the universe? What is our place in it and where did it and we come from? Why is it the way it is?"

A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME by STEPHEN HAWKING

---

PLAY: [TRACK FOUR] Submission by Sex Pistols

THE next day arrives quicker than Morgan likes but with her shift schedule, she thankfully wasn't due to start work until midday. This really was a blessing as she wasn't sure she could deal with four hours of Steve's noncommittal and mildly passive-aggressive comments without Robin as a buffer. They needed to talk. Morgan knew that, but with the whole secret Russian code, it was hard to find that kind of time. Also due to the fact that Steve keeps avoiding her.

The girl bobs her head a little to The Cars song that was playing through her walkman as she heads into Scoops Ahoy, a windbreaker sitting over the dark blue uniform. Her coworkers look up at her arrival, Morgan not too sure whether to smile so she just settles with a nod toward both of them, pushing her headphones around the back of her neck.

The girl puts her things away, noticing Dustin sitting on one of the chairs out the back. "Oh hey," Morgan tilts her head a little at the boy who sits up straight at the sight of her. "What's going on?" She didn't notice this, but Robin and Steve had followed in behind her, all of them forming a group in the back room. "Uh.." Morgan's gaze shifts between the three, frowning a little.

"Took you long enough," Dustin sighs with a wide-eyed look toward the girl who pauses before scoffing a little.

"This is when my shift starts, I need sleep!"

"The Russians don't sleep," the boy shakes his head, fixing her with a slight glare. "So while you were all sitting around doing nothing, I went to the roof and watched the door," Morgan crosses her arms, before moving to grab the last remaining seat. Dustin looks between the older teens expectantly, taking a breath. "And that door that we saw last night is opened with a key card, but the Russian who has it, unfortunately for us, has a massive gun. So whatever's in this room, whatever is in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding out," he finishes, eyes flicking between the rest of the group.

"There's gotta be a way in," Robin shakes her head a little, staring down at the table as she flicks her darkly painted nails.

"Well, you know..." Steve breaks in, tossing his hat onto the table and leaning forward. "I could just take him out." Despite what was going on between the two right now, Morgan shoots a wide-eyed look toward the boy, who she knows for a fact had never won a fight in his life.