[5] A love affair with chemicals

---

---

"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change" -

FRANKENSTEIN by MARY SHELLEY 

---

PLAY: [TRACK FIVE] A View to Kill by Duran Duran 

THE mood suddenly shifts and they all begin screaming loudly. "We're going down! We're going down!" Steve shouts loudly as Dustin moves toward the control panel, banging the buttons repeatedly. Morgan tries to walk towards the younger boy as quickly as she can, stumbling a few times until she can reach him.

"Yeah?! No shit Harrington!" Robin screams back, clutching one of the shelves for dear life.  Her head whips around to stare at the two older teenagers before moving back, trying to look for an emergency stop lever or something that might halt their descent.

"Why don't these buttons work!?" Dustin breaks in, slapping them all now. Morgan joins him, hitting them a few times forcefully before letting out a yell of frustration. The elevator seems to speed up even more, air rushing through the room.

"Just press the button!" Erica sprints over as well, yelling at the boy.

"What do you think I'm doing?" He screams back, but then suddenly the elevator jolts to a stop, sending them all flying to the ground. Morgan tumbles backward, narrowly avoiding hitting her skull on the corner of the table and ending up flat on her back. She blinks a few times before wincing, slightly dizzy. The girl pushes herself onto her hands slowly, mind thankfully catching up with her.

"Everyone okay?" She asks in concern after a beat, slowly turning her head around to look for the rest of the group who was sprawled throughout the elevator.

"My groin, it fell on my groin," Steve grits out, causing the girl to stand up, trying to find the older boy who was on the other side of the table. "Dustin! Get this off me!" Morgan sighs a little before reaching over to pull the box up carefully, assuming that it contained the same chemical as the other one did. "Uh-thanks," Steve then stands up with a slight nod, wincing in pain. The group then moves together instinctively, Morgan flickering her eyes over everyone for any injuries.

"Everyone's definitely okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" The older boy suddenly yells, bordering hysteria as he stalks over to the metal panel behind them, hitting the buttons furiously.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work," Robin breaks in, huffing as she shoves her hair off her face.

"They're buttons! They have to do something!"

"Yeah, if we had a keycard," the girl then gestures to the panel and then to the sensor next to it, rolling her eyes. Steve stills at this, turning to her with a raised brow.