[1] Scoops Ahoy and the three bored teenagers

A YEAR LATER

---

"What I need is perspective. The illusion of depth, created by a frame, the arrangement of shapes on a flat surface. Perspective is necessary. Otherwise there are only two dimensions" -
THE HANDMAID'S TALE by MARGRET ATWOOD

---

PLAY: [TRACK ONE] I Wanna Be Sedated by Ramones

MORGAN slips her headphones over her head, feeling for the play button of the Walkman that was shoved haphazardly into her oversized jean jacket. She rolls the plastic dial to increase the volume, listening to the opening beat of a Ramones track as the bus pulls out onto the dry road.

It was a short drive to Starcourt, the girl dreading her afternoon shift at the ice cream parlor for most of the trip. She had stated upon many occasions that the new mall was sucking the life out of both the economy and Hawkins, but after two weeks of sitting around her house, Morgan had realized that she needed something to do. The girl figured that working at Scoops Ahoy would have the least impact on her local neighborhood, as Hawkins didn't really have a designated store for ice cream.

It had taken some persuasion on her part to get Steve to recommend her for the job, Morgan having a feeling it was due to the fact that the boy regularly allows El, Mike, Will, Lucas and Max into the cinema illegally through the passageway behind the store. The girl had gotten a call the day after her interview though, stating that she could work there part-time, taking half-days so that the other workers could have their legally mandated breaks.

The bus pulls into its stop five minutes before the start of her shift, Morgan quickly jumping out of her seat and out of the vehicle. The song changes to The Runaways' "Cherry Bomb" as her black Dr. Martens hit the pavement heavily, a stark contrast to the bright blue outfit that was hidden under her jacket. The girl's jaw tightens as she walks into the mall, eyes rolling as she dodges the hordes of teenagers swarming the complex. She was too old for this shit.

Morgan felt like she had aged ten years in just two, her junior and senior year a big mess of kids with powers and about fifty Demogorgons. Hopper had come to her, asking about her sister Alice and if the girl knew about what happened to her in the Hawkins lab. After giving them her very limited information on the experiments that were conducted on her sister before she left Hawkins, Morgan followed him and immediately got wrapped up in some of the weirdest shit in the entire world.

Every time the girl tried to be uncaring and leave someone else to deal with the Demogorgon or the Mind Flayer, her sister's morally-righteous voice broke into her mind, telling her to stick with them. She was never sure if it was her sister actually astrally projecting or just her own subconscious, but it seemed to work all the same. By proxy, she also ended up hanging out with Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers.