Chapter 2

I stumbled down the stairs to get to the kitchen. I couldn't believe I slept through the whole day, then again, I could. I was so hungry I went all out cooking. I made steak, corn, and a side of mashed potatoes. It was the greatest thing I've made all month.
I went to the living room and sat my plate down to pop my favorite movie into the DVD player. "The Cabin in the Woods" popped up on the screen. It is super creepy, and I love to watch it before I go to sleep. "Its about five college friends (Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams) arrive at a remote forest cabin for a little vacation. Little do they expect the horrors that await them. One by one, the youth fall victim to backwoods zombies, but there is another factor at play. Two scientists (Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford) are manipulating the ghoulish goings-on, but even as the body count rises, there is yet more at work than meets the eye." Or so the internet description of the movie says.

When the movie was over, I was stuffed and extremely tired. I went upstairs and laid in my bed. About five minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. I basically rolled out of my bed. Got up and slowly made my way to the door. I open the door and saw Oliver. "Hey, Oliver, what's up," I said, rubbing my eyes. "Hey Jessica, I was wondering if you heard anything lately?" He said, looking around. "No, why?" I said, trying to follow his gaze. "Oh, nothing." He said, giving me a weary smile. "Okay," I said, narrowing my eyes at him. "Okay, bye." He said, walking away. "Bye!" I said, closing the door.

That was weird. It's been quiet all day.

I strolled back up to my room, collapsed onto my bed, and dozed off. What felt like seconds later, I heard gun fires and screaming. I jumped out of bed and hit the floor with a thud. I climb to my feet, and I peeped out into the hallway. Slowly making my way down the stairs, I tripped over something into a liquid that was everywhere. I sat up and saw something red on my arms. I looked over my shoulder and almost threw up. It was a girl. Her body looked lifeless like she was.. No! I shook the thought out of my head. Wait does that mean I'm lying in blood! I scurried to my feet and looked at the ground. The lifeless body was no longer there, and all the blood was gone. I must be going crazy. I ran back up the stairs and hid in my bed. This is very weird. Why was there a dead body on my floor! Where did that gunshot come from? Was that girl the one I heard screaming? I need answers, and I need them now.