Chapter 3

Friday rolled around. I was still thinking about the other night, but nothing weird has happened since then.
I just got out of the shower when I heard a knock on the door. I let out a soft groan while walking to the door. When I opened the door, it was Oliver, I was starting to wonder why he only came to me for help. He gaped at me and said, "Oh, am I interrupting something." There was a slight pause, then I followed his eyes and realized I answered the door in my towel. "Oh! Can you wait a minute?" I said, looking at my towel. "Yes," he said, smiling. I closed the door and ran upstairs. I threw on my tank top and ripped shorts. I went downstairs and open the door, he was still there waiting for me. "So, What's up?" I said, a little out of breath. "I just wanted to ask if you'd let me take you out for a drink for helping me so much, what do you say?" He said, flashing another smile. "Oh, like a thank you?" I said, rubbing my arms. "Sure, like a thank you, you want to go?" he said, running his hands through his hair. Trying to play off whatever face he just made about me saying, "like a thank you." "Sure," I said, smiling. "Great, I'll pick you up at 8." he said, waving goodbye. "Okay, see you later," I said, closing the door.
I went upstairs and looked in my closet for something to wear. I grabbed my phone to call my best friend, Sofia. "Hey girl," she said in a soft voice. "Hey, I have something to tell you," I said, looking through my closet. "What's up?" she said. "So I have this new neighbor named, Oliver," I said, looking at a couple outfits. "Yeah, what about him?" she asked. "Well, I've been helping him out lately, and today he asked me to get a drink with him," I said, laying things out on my bed. "Like a date?" she said, excitement rising in her voice. "No, like a thank you," I said, looking at my choices. "Like a what?" she said with confusion. "A thank you," I said, picking out a long red strapless dress. "Wow, okay," she said with sarcasm rising in her voice. "Well, I picked out a long red strapless dress," I said, waiting for a response. "Cool, I would wear that on a date," she said, giggling. "It's not a date," I said, blushing. "Okay, whatever you say, have fun on your date," she said, hanging up.
It was 7:30, and I was still doing my hair. I ended up deciding to curl my hair. I went to my room to search for my makeup bag. Just as I was finishing my makeup, I heard a knock on the front door. I grabbed my purse and rushed to open the door. When I opened the door, I saw Oliver standing there. Oliver was wearing a black t-shirt and some skinny black jeans. "Hey, you look good," he said as I watched his eyes travel down my body then back up. "Thanks, so do you," I said as I closed the door behind me. "Thanks," he said, smirking as we got into his car.
We arrived at the bar. It's not one I've been to, and I've lived here for over two years. "How did you find this place?" I asked while we walked over to the bar. "I don't actually know," he said, waving over the bartender. "I've never been here," I said, watching him order us a couple shots. "Me either," he said, looking past me. I looked over and caught what had his attention. It was a tall, dark-haired girl with sharp green eyes like Oliver's. "Maybe you should go talk to her instead of staring," I said with more annoyance then I attended on. He looked at me with a new unreadable emotion. "Sorry, I wasn't.." he trailed off. The girl walked past by us with a group of other people.
I stood up and walked out of the bar, trying to wave a taxi. Oliver ran out of the bar, he grabbed my arm before I could get into the cab. "Jessica, I'm sorry I thought I knew her. I was wrong," he said, pulling me away from the taxi, waving them off. "What an ex?" I said, pulling my arm away from his grip. "No, it's not like that. Come on, let's go back inside," he said, walking back to the door. I looked at him and thought about why it was so hard for me to say no to him. He flashed me a smile and opened the door waiting for me. There's no way he could've known I would say yes, but he was still acting like I've already responded. We went back inside and had a couple more drinks.
"I should get home," I said as we walked out of the bar. He looked at his phone. "But the night is still young," he said, opening my door. "Yeah, but what would we do?" I asked as he got into the car. He sat there, looking at the road for a minute. "Oliver?" I said, looking around confused. He looked at me and smiled." A movie?" he said, starting the car. I nodded my head and put my seatbelt on.
When we entered the movie theater, we kept getting strange looks from the staff. "Two tickets for Annabelle," he said, slurring his words together. The girl looked at us weirdly then handed him the tickets. He tried to give her his card, but she wouldn't take it; she told us to just go in. As the movie began, Oliver had to use the bathroom and left the room. The jump scares were getting me; I was on edge. This might be my new favorite. Just as one of the jump scares, Oliver sat beside me, making me scream. He laughed as I tried to catch my breath. I hit his arm, and he pretended to be hurt. He wanted to talk the entire movie, but I kept hushing him harder than the other watchers.
The movie ended, and Oliver talked the whole time. His excuse was that he's seen this movie already and knew it by heart. How when it just came out last month, I'll never know. Outside of the theater, a police officer was standing at the entrance talking to the employees. One of them pointed at us, and the officer walked toward us. Oliver pulled my arm, and he started to run to the back exit. We ran out of the building with the officer not far behind. He slid over the hood of his car and jumped in. I was right behind him; we drove off as soon as the officer got outside.
We pulled up at my house. We laughed as he walked me to the door. There was a moment of silence. "Do you want to come in?" I asked as I unlocked the door. "Sure," he said as we walked inside. "Are you hungry?" I asked, looking through my fridge. "Yeah, but not for that," he said, closing the refrigerator. I looked at him, confused. "Then what?" I asked, but before I knew it, he pulled me towards him and kissed me.