Chapter 2: Complicated

Morningleaf woke with a start! She had just had a dream that Star and Brackentail had asked her to be their mate at the same time! She had backed away and fallen down a dark hole and was again in the lava tubes. She had walked and walked but couldn't find the way out. That's when she woke up. She instantly realized she was still at Crabwings Bay, and that Star was still cuddled next to her. She quietly asked, " Star, are you awake? " Star stirred. " What is it Morningleaf? Did something happen? " He quickly sat up. Morningleaf quickly explained. " No, nothing like that. I just had a dream, that's all. " He relaxed and said, " Did you want to talk about it? " She thought quickly and said, " No, that's ok. I just didn't want to be alone. " She didn't want to tell Star about her dream. It made her feel uncofortable. How did she love Star? She knew she did, but did she love him as a brother? Or as a . . . As a mate? The part that comfused her was that Brackentail loved her. Everyone knew it. But did Star love her like that? She knew he loved her to. But did he love her like a mate? She had so many questions but she didn't dare ask them. Finally, she said, " Wanna go for a swim? " Star got up. " Sure! " Morningleaf then got up and they went for a quick swim and got some seaweed. Star said, " We better start heading back to the Herd. They will start looking for us. "