Chapter 3: News

When they got back to the Herd, Star desided something. He would tell Morningleaf he loved her. He didn't know when, but he'd do it. The first pegasus they saw was Brackentail. "Where did you two go? " He asked in a slightly anoyed voice. Morningleaf spoke. " We'll tell you later. Right now I think I'm going to go get a drink at the Lake. " She started to trott toward the Lake. Brackentail started to follow. But he tripped and fell face first into pegasi droppings. Morningleaf looked at him out of the corner of her eye. She nickered quietly, and went the rest of the way to the Lake. After Star got over how funny Brackentail had looked, he also made his way to the Lake that they had named North Lake because they had just left the Snow Herd territory. Spring had come two days ago and the foals were coming soon. Star found Morningleaf by the edge of the water, Looking to the East, toward The Dark Water, and Hazelwind. Star understood. Morningleaf looked his way, realized he was watching her, and quickly called to him. " Star! Could you come over? " Star sensed she was feeling uneasy. He wondered why. He cantered over and said, " Is this about that dream you had?" Star was comfused. Morningleaf didn't usually act like this. She paused for a moment. Seeming to make up her mind, she said, " No, it's not about that. Brackentail came a few minutes ago. " Star was very comfused. Why did he need to know that? " Alright.. Why do I need to know that? " She was silent for a moment. " Because Brackentail just asked me to be his mate. "