Chapter 13: What the...?

Morningleaf rolled in the grass enjoying the gorgous day. Morningstar wobbled over on her still not quite steady legs. It had merely been about five hours since they had heard the news about five hours since they had heard the news about Brackentail, but already it seemed like a distant memory. Morningleaf watched Morningstar try to roll in the grass but the little filly didn't yet have enough balance and wasn't able to roll all the way over, so she just laid there. Star came over and laid down by Morningleaf who now had stopped rolling and was looking up at the clouds. "See any shapes up there?" He asked. "Yes. I see an island, a turtle, and a wolf so far." She said wistfully. Morningleaf suddenly remembered something and sat up. "I just realized that I haven't earen in a little over 26 hours or so!" Star slapped his face with his wing. "Oh my goodness, you're right." She got up and Star stayed with their foals while she went to the grazeing area. When she got there Morningleaf spotted Echofrost grazeing not far away and trotted over. When Echofrost lifted her head she smiled. "You're awake! Well welcome back!" She exclaimed. Morningleaf nickered. "It's good to be back!" Echofrost nickered. "So, I heard from a curtain someone named Dewberry that you and Star got twins? And twin fillies no less?" Morningleaf blushed and nodded. After finishing the grass in her mouth she said "Yes, we did." "Hey, speaking of Dewberry, have you seen her?" Asked Echofrost, sounding a bit alarmed. "No, why?" Morningleaf asked, also starting to feel that something was wrong. "Because last time I saw her she said she had seen something in the woods earlier and wanted to check it out." Echofrost said now sounding pretty worried. Morningleaf lifted her head. "I'll go find her. It's my responsibility as lead-mare." Echofrost started to protest but Morningleaf was already flying toward the forest that Echofrost had refered to. She arrived very quickly and landed just before going in. "Dewberry?" She called. She galloped deeper in. Soon she was getting close to the center of the forest, Dewberry's favorite spot if she ever wanted to be alone. Once Morningleaf had followed her and found out that this is where she cries for Bumblewind every day ever since they had arrived to their Northern teritory. Today she didn't hear anything. Suddenly she heard hoof beats. "Who's there?" Morningleaf shouted. She heard a familiar voice. "Morningleaf?" A figure came into the light. It was a stallion at about age four with golden wings tipped in brown. Dewberry was at his side. "B-bumblewind?" Morningleaf stuttered. Then all went black.