Chapter 8: Part 1: Stress and Excitement

6 moons later.
"Today's the migration!" Star said. "Are you excited?" "Yes and no. Actually I'm a little nervous. Do you really think I'll do well leading?" Morningleaf asked. Today was the day Morningleaf would lead her first migration, and she had a feeling that they shouldn't leave today. "Of coarse I do! I'm posotive that you'll do a perfect job!" "Star, something tells me we shouldn't leave today." She said. "Why, is something wrong?" He asked. "No, I don't think so this time." She said. Soon one of the captains named Yellowstreek landed in front of Star and Morningleaf. Doing a quick bow of his head, he said, "A currently un-known pegasus is coming this way." Star pinned his ears. "Where?" "Just to the East of the Lake." the captain said. "Gather a small party of battle-mares and stallions, we don't know if they want a fight or not." Yellowstreek nodded and flew off to gather the party. He soon came back with them and they set out to meet the un-known pegasus. Soon they could see the pegasus, and she flew towards them. "Hello Star!" She whinied. ".. Dewberry?" Star managed to say. "The one and only!" Star flew in place, shocked. "We thought we would never see you again! What are you doing here?" Star asked, nuzzling his friend. "Well, once we were about to cross The Dark Water, we all realized we just couldn't leave, so we decided to come back!" She replied. "Where's everyone else? We've only spotted you so far." Star remarked. "They all wanted to wait in the forest until I told you of our presents." She replied. "Well, you can go get them now then!" Star said in a happy tone. Dewberry soon flew off to get Hazelwind, Echofrost, and the rest of the pegasi with them. "Let's get back to the Herd and wait for Dewberry and everyone to arrive!" Star said to the excited party. Soon they were back with River Herd, telling them the exciting news, and waiting for their loved ones to arrive. "What's going on?" Morningleaf asked. "See for yourself!" Star said, for at that moment, a mare cried, "They're here!" Morningleaf looked around for a moment, then saw a stallion coming out of the bushes, followed by two mares. She gasped. "H.. Hazelwind? Echofrost? Dewberry! You're here!" She galloped to her friends, exchanging breath with them. "We've missed you! Why are you here?" Morningleaf asked. "We'll tell you later. Right now I want to catch up with each-other!"

TO BE CONTINUED.