Chapter 7: Happiness

Morningleaf nearly fell off her hooves in surprise. Star had just asked her to be his mate! She looked at him and noticed he looked worried. "YES!!!!!! I will be your mate!!" Now Star seemed to nearly fall in surprise. Then suddenly his face became very excited. They galloped to each-other and nuzzled. Star put his wing over her back. They stayed like this for a very long time, taking it all in. For the rest of the day they were happy. They swam, they chased each-other like when they were foals, and finally, they took a rest on the sand together, Star's wing over her back, like a protective sire. "We should go back to the Herd and tell everyone!" Morningleaf exclaimed. "Good idea!" Star said. They both stood, and quickly kicked off to give the wonderful news to the Herd. Morningleaf was so excited! Would thw Herd be as happy as they were? She and Star flew side by side, talking excitedly of what Star would say to the River Herd. "How much longer till we get back do you think? My wings are getting a little tired." She confessed. "I don't know. Would you like to land and take a short break?" Star asked. Morningleaf shook her head. "No, that's ok. I don't want to stop until we get back." They flew for about thirty more minutes, and finally spotted the Herd. Then once they landed, looked around and quickly spotted their friends. They soon reached their friends and told them everything. The group exploded with congradualations to the just as happy pair. A filly who had been standing nearby now came over. "Congradualations Starwing, Morningleaf! Shall you be telling the rest of the Herd soon? Sorry, I overheard your conversation. My name is Rainblurr." The filly said. "Yes, we shall be telling the Herd soon, and it's nice to meet you Rainblurr." Star said in return. "Likewise Starwing." Star had recently become over-stallion, since he was now four-years-old. The young filly soon trotted away. "Who are her sire and dam?" He asked. "Nobody knows, exept for Hazelwind, and Echofrost." answered Redfire. "You don't think.." Started Shadepebble. "Well, I don't think she's Hazelwind's foal, she doesn't look enough like him." said Morningleaf. "Well, we can think about that later. Right now I REALLY want to go tell the Herd the news." said Star. Morningleaf nodded her head head enthusiastically. "Let's go!"