Chapter 11: Delight

Star gasped, they were two perfect fillies. One black with a white star and feathers of aqua tipped in crimson and gold, the other was flaxen with a black mane and tail and had one left hind sock, one right front sock, a white star, and dark purple feathers tipped in navy blue. "What should we name them?" Morningleaf asked with a big smile on her face. "How about we name the black one Morningstar because of her excwisit feathers and star, and after you and I?" Star asked. Morningleaf beamed. "I like that!" The flaxen filly wobbled onto her hooves and flapped her wings. "How about we name the flaxen one Spider after Spiderwing, and angel because she will be an angel to us?" Morningleaf proposed. "Spiderangel fits her perfectly!" Star exclaimed. Now Morningstar wobbled to her hooves, not wanting to be left out, and she and Spiderangel lifted off and flew circles around Star and Morningleaf. "Look at them!" Morningleaf exclaimed. "How is that possible? They're only a few minutes old!" Star said, feeling very proud. "They're spetial Star, like you!" Morningleaf said, beaming with pleasure.
The little fillies landed and they nuzzled their parents. Morningstar nudged Morningleaf who was still laying on the ground with Star at her side. Spiderangel also nudged her dam, as if asking to nurse. Morningleaf understood and rolled onto her side because she was still to weak to stand.
"Alright Star, it's time to leave Morningleaf so that she can rest." Sweetroot said finally. "Well, okey." Star said reluctantly. He nuzzled Morningleaf and their two fillies, then slowly made his way out of the grove. He trotted over to Dewberry. Star started to tell her about his and Morningleaf's new foals. She held up her wing. "I heard, congradulations!" "Thank you." Star replied. "So are they colts or fillies?" Dewberry asked. "They're fillies, their names are Morningstar and Spiderangel." Star informed her. "Yes! I was hoping it would be fillies! I'm gonna teach them everything I know." Dewberry said excitedly. "Woah woah woah, they aren't old enough for that yet, they're only twenty minutes old!" Star said. Dewberry calmed down. "I know, I know. I'll wait until they're a moon old for your sake, just know I would have done it sooner!" Star changed the subject. "So, did Hazelwind Echofrost and Rainblurr come back yet?" He asked. "No, but your scouts told me that they were close." Dewberry confirmed. "Oh good! I was starting to get worried." Star said with relief. "Oh, how's Morningleaf feeling? I completely forgot to ask." said Dewberry.
Suddenly Star heard something and turned around. He saw Morningstar wobble out of the grove on her unsteady legs. She looked around for a moment, then she spotted him and went as fast as she could, stopping by his side.