Chapter 3

(Your POV)

It'd been a week since you'd seen Shuichi, and you figured he'd gotten himself busy with work, or was just crying in his house wherever he lived and too depressed to even get up. Either way, he wasn't your problem and you weren't gonna track him down if it wasn't your problem.

Well... you spoke too soon. Shuichi entered the bar, ordering two shots of the strongest drink you had.

"Are you sure? Just a few shots of that stuff can get you pretty drunk... and it's expensive..." You warned.

Shuichi didn't say anything, so you prepared the drink. He paid for it and drank his shots, almost immediately being hit by the alcohol. He was clearly drunk, and he rested his head on the table. You felt bad for him but you didn't know what to say, and he wouldn't remember it in his drunken state anyways.

You got a scrap of paper from a little pad you carried at work in case you had a very specific order, scribbling down a note and placing it in his pocket. He didn't even seem to notice or care, just grabbing his phone and scrolling mindlessly on it.

(Shuichi's POV)

I looked at the blurred words on my screen in confusion. Was reading always this hard? Maybe... but I knew I had to concentrate. Just enough to text my friend Lestrade that I needed a ride home. He'd taken me home the other day and he'd probably be a bit angry with me for drinking again, but I just needed a quick emotional outlet...

I promised myself this would be my last time drinking, and with a heavy sigh waited for Lestrade to arrive. But then, a somewhat shy female approached me.

"Hey... can I buy you a drink?" she asked innocently.

I didn't answer, not having the heart to tell her no. She walked away and I assumed she decided to leave me alone, until I heard a bit of an argument between her and (Y/N).

"Miss, I saw that!" (Y/N) growled.

"What? Me grabbing the beer...?" the girl asked in confusion.

"This is a serious matter. Those drugs are illegal, I'm going to have to call the police," (Y/N) declared.

"I didn't put any drugs in here!" the girl gasped.

"Okay, then drink it yourself," (Y/N) challenged. I raised my head in question to whatever was going on, and I saw (Y/N) with her cell phone dialing 911 and a girl holding a beer.

"B-but I ordered this for someone else, I can't get it all dirty with my spit!" the girl whined.

"Then I'm calling the cops," (Y/N) shrugged, pressing the 'call' button and putting the phone to her ear.

The girl, realizing I'd seen the scene and that she was in serious trouble if she stayed, tried to run away. I got up as fast as my scrambled brain would let me and chased after her, stumbling a little because I was drunk. But she was too fast, and I ended up losing her before realizing I was lost. I tried to recognize my surroundings, I knew this city like the back of my hand!

But I couldn't focus, and it seemed to be a blur to me. I heard police cars whiz by in the direction of the bar, and I realized that Lestrade was probably waiting for me when I wasn't even there. I started to panic, until I heard a familiar voice.

"Woah, you must be super wasted! This isn't even near that bar..."

I turned around, seeing Lestrade in his car on the road. He opened the passenger seat for me, and I got in. Immediately Lestrade let out a small gasp.

"What the hell happened to you?!" Lestrade demanded.

"Some girl h-had illegal drugs... and I tried to chase her, b-but she got away..." I explained slowly, my voice slurred.

"You need to rest, dude. I'll get you home ASAP," Lestrade promised.

That was the last thing that happened before I passed out.

~~~
Word count: 685