Katie

When I was a little girl my dad would bring me to a little populated bar up the street. It wasn't really a bar but it was a restraint that had a bar and some pool tables. My dad would hold my hand and walk me to a booth where this little boy would always sit. This little boy Was Grayson. My dad would do me across from him and order us a big thing of fries. Then he would go play pool with Grayson dad and some other guys.

These where the best days of my life. Afterward he would take me and Grayson for some ice cream and we would eat it at the park. My dad did this until we got too sixth grade. My dad pulled us apart because Grayson dad turned into a drunk. I remember the day his dad said you'll never play together again and your band from being friends, Now get off my property you disrespectful little girl. It was pure pain. It was gut wrenching awful.

This was the look I saw now. He was so hurt. He looked like he was in so much pain that it was radiating off of him and onto ME. This look made me know he was probably going through the same thing I was.

I took one step toward him and said, "Hey"

I knew he probably did not want to talk but I did. I know I looked like carp but I didn't care. All I cared about was if he was ok. But I guess my looks and not wanting to talk were not what he was thinking about because he responded with a light smiled "HEY"

I walked Over and sat down next to him. I pulled my knees to my chest and played my head down on them. My head WAS pounding and my heart was 1,000 Miles a minute. After a while he looked at me and said, "The accident...... " I just nodded and three to keep tears from spilling because now I knew he was going through the same thing.

Then he did the unthinkable. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I didn't object. I just fell into his hug and wrapped my hands around his Dark brown locks. I Cried and cried and cried. And he didn't object.