Grayson

I didn't want to push her away. I didn't want this to end. But it started getting dark. Plus our phones were going crazy. She finally pushed herself up and started fixing her hair and sniffling. She picked up Her phone and made an ughgh sound. I did the same

   "Well my mom thinks I was kidnapped." She said with a dry sarcastic laughter.

    She was in the middle of typing. Then I realized what if she says she's going home. This is my shot. I pulled her phone away. She was in the middle of saying I'll be him  in five. I erased that and typed. ""I'm going out with a friend to clear my mind" And handed it back

    She looked at it and said, "Who am I going out with"

   I replied with a sympathetic smile, "Me"

I got up and extended my arms out to her. She grabbed my hands and pulled herself on to her feet.

  " I guess it can't hurt" She said

We walked to the car.

"So....Our dads? Weird how it was just us" She started.

"Yeah. Remember when our dad's were close"

"Oh my gosh yes"

We reached the car and I opened the door for her to get in. When she stepped inside  I closed it and went around to enter the car.

   Tonight was cold. Really cold. Katie was shivering. As we started to drive I offered he  my jacket.

   "No thanks...I'M..F..ine" she said between chatters.

We arrived at a small restraint. Not just any restaurant. The little bar we went to as kids. I doubt she remembered but I never forgot.

   She stepped out and looked up at the sign. Her face went pale. She didn't blink. Then I saw tears glistening in her eyes.

  She turned and looked at me. I kinda had a dumb smile on my face. I guess she did remember

   "Omg" she was so quiet I barely heard her."You remember"

  "Never forgot" I said shyly

We walked in and right away we were ambushed. Molly,a waitress, Grabbed both of us and squeezed tight. There were a lot of gasps and you poor things. Finally we were released and they gave us a table.

    Katie looked so cold. I stood up and Kyle  my jacket off. Walker over and put my hands out.

   "What?" She asked.

  "Stand up" I replied

  She grabbed my hands and stood.

  "Now put your hands up"

She did and I slipped the jacket on. "Thank you"

   We sat and ate and talked. For a split second I felt good. Happy. I forgot about everything. For a split second everything was perfect. For a split second.