08

Eyes doubling in size, you stared at Jeno in complete shock. The warmth that came from his hand over yours and the heated gaze he was giving you sent your emotions spiraling. But the effects he was having on you were not bad ones. Deep inside, you found yourself growing happy with his statement.

"O-oh, um... really?"

"Yes." He nods, the smile on his face growing. "It means you can get me something to eat,"
And just like that, the excitement was gone.

Your mood switched to one of unamusement and Jeno laughed at this. Your lips curled downwards, forming into a frown as you slipped your hand away from under his.

You internally stuffed the affectionate emotions you were feeling into a box, and mentally hurled them into the sea. "Haechan is still cooking."

"Ah, is that so?" He sighs, leaning his head back until it's propped against the wall. "He should hurry his ass up, it's been hours since I've last eaten." He side-eyes you, "Have you eaten?"

You shake your head in answer.

"Mhm, I see. Well, it looks like there's no other choice, then." You're confused by his words until he continues on to say, "You'll just have to eat here with me in here."

You purse your lips together, torn between accepting or rejecting his offer. You weren't even supposed to be in here. Sure, Jeno was the Captain and his word overpowers everyone else's, but the boys' efforts in keeping you away from here weren't just for nothing. There was a reason they didn't want you to come into contact or see Jeno during his recovery stage.

The only question you had was, why? Why did they try to make you avoid him at all costs?

"I can't," you softly reply, clasping your hands together. You begin to wringe your fingers, adding in, "I'm not supposed to be in here."

"And yet here you are." He chides. "But, I'm curious on how you managed to sneak in here without my crew knowing. Are they lacking in intentiveness? Does that mean just about anyone can sneak onto my ship, now?"

"Ah, no... I had help from someone."

"I see." His grin makes its comeback, and from his expression, you immediately found out he was bantering with you again. "So, why did sneak you in here if you know you can't be here?"

You had been preparing yourself for this question. Yet, why did you grow nervous when he voiced it?

Were you supposed to tell him that you were unintentionally making yourself sick over worrying about him? How at night, the thought of him not being okay made your stomach churn in an unpleasant?

How were you supposed to tell Jeno, the man who switched attitudes towards you from one day to the other, that you missed hearing his playful words and authoritative commands?

The kind smile he'd show only you, when he's guard is low. But the thing that affected you the most was not being able to see Jeno himself.
The thoughts came in a sudden, internally catching you off guard by the self-confession you've made. What do these thoughts mean?

You stare at Jeno momentarily, and feel the increasing pace of your heartbeat. You're dumbstruck for a few seconds, trying to come to terms with what's just gone through your mind.

"I was worried about you." You confess.
You watch as he grows flustered, clearly unprepared for your truthful answer.

"O-oh," he clears his throat. "You were?"

You nod shyly. "I was worried that you wouldn't be able to use your right arm anymore. I was afraid something got badly injured."

Jeno looks pleased with your words and points to his bandaged shoulder, "well, you have nothing to fret over because I feel perfectly fine."