2: "a pair of shoes"

~•~Alex's POV~•~
As I walk through the hall after chemistry, I listen to Jacob and Logan talk about how they accidentally broke a glass.

"Dude, the look on Mr. Clarke's face was priceless!" Jacob finishes as he sits down in study hall and looks up at me," how was your lab, Hansen?"

"Awful. That Elena girl didn't fall for any of my usual tricks. It's like she wasn't attracted to me at all. Weird right?"

Jacob raises an eyebrow and looks at Logan.     "Yeah, she must be into girls or something," he says sarcastically.

I get that he's trying to get to me, but I don't let him. "Must be."

We all open our laptops and start doing our own stuff. I start to finish up the half of the lab report Elena told me to do, Logan starts playing Coolmath Games, and Jacob scrolls through expensive shoe websites.

Jacob is an only child who's dad runs a multi-million dollar business. Translation- he's spoiled rotten. As he scrolls down, he sees a pair and looks at me.

"Hey Hansen, I think you would like these."

The words at the bottom of the screen say that they are "Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 'Black' (Reflective)." They're perfect.

"I need those shoes," I say. I scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the price.

$1,300

"Nevermind," I say as a go back to my homework.

"Oh, come on man, you know I'll buy them for you," Jacob says.

"Really?!"

"Yeah... on one condition."

"What...?" This can't be good.

"If you get Elena Wheeler to be your girlfriend."

Logan throws his head back laughing and hits his head on the wall behind him.

"Oh definitely not," I say crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Dude, come on, I didn't even say for how long. You can date her for a day, prove it to me somehow, and break up with her the next," Jacob holds his hand out for me to shake.

"You know she's not gonna say yes," I mutter.

"Yeah, that's why I made the bet, Einstein,"he moves his hand closer to me. Logan watches with anticipation.

"Okay," I sigh," I'll try." I shake his hand.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I walk into seventh hour at the end of the day. Elena is in my seventh hour- math. Usually, I would sit in the back by Chris and Logan, but today I slide into the chair directly to Elena's left. She doesn't look up from her desk, but I can see that she finds this odd. Mrs. Martich gets up from her desk and starts her daily presentation on whatever math we are learning that day. This is my moment. I pull out my notebook, but instead of writing math notes, I write a note. To Elena.
It says:

Elena,
I know we haven't talked much. But you seem cool and stuff. Be my girlfriend?
-Alex  :)

Ok, so it's not the best. What did you expect? I barely knew the girl existed until first hour today. I fold up the note and toss it onto her desk. I then start pretending to write math notes in my notebook so Mrs. Martich wouldn't give me another detention.

A few minutes later a piece of paper lands on my notebook:
you can't be serious

I look over at Elena. She's catching up on notes and shaking her head. This is gonna be harder than I thought.

I wait till the end of class and try to catch up to her in the hall.

"Elena. Elena! I need to talk to you for a second." I grab her arm and she turns around.

"Yes?" She says bitterly.

"Oh, um... ok so basically one of my friends... Jacob, Jacob Mill, he's in our chem class... um, well he said that if I get you to date me then he would buy me this really cool pair of shoes...so... yeah."

She looked at me with her mouth wide open and her eyebrows raised.

"So you're telling me... that you asked me out... for a pair of shoes?"

"Um... yes? They're really cool but they're $1,300."

"1,300?! For shoes?!"

"Yeah I know. But they're-"

"Really cool. Got it."

She stands there looking at her feet for a few seconds and sighs. She looks up.

"What's in it for me?"

A/N
wrote this while watching naked and afraid soo it might be a little weird ahaha

would you say yes to alex??

-m