10: "fight my girlfriend dad"

~•~Alex's POV~•~

The next morning when I went to pick up Elena, her mom walked to the door with her to wave to me. I smiled and waved back. She walks over to my car and gets in the passenger seat.

"Where's Aiden?" She asks, noticing his absence.

"Sick."

"Oh. Ok." She says as she looks back up at her mom, still standing at the door smiling. "You know, my whole family is gonna be really upset when we break up in less than a month."

My heart sinks. I honestly almost forgot that we aren't gonna be doing this anymore a month from now.

"Yeah..."

I pick up my phone and turn on Stitches by Shawn Mendes. Elena smiles.

"I THOUGHT THAT ID BEEN HURT BEFORE" I sing the first verse while Elena smiles. When the chorus comes, she looks at me and starts singing along.

"YOU WATCH ME BLEED UNTIL I CANT BREATHE, IM SHAKING." I look back, shocked that she joined in, and keep singing. "AND NOW THAT IM WITHOUT YOUR KISSES ILL BE NEEDIN STITCHES."

When I pull into the school parking lot, Elena and I are smiling and out of breath from singing the whole way to school. We get out and walk towards the front entrance.

"Hey I'm just gonna go talk to my friends today." She says.

"Yeah, ok." I head downstairs to my locker, where most of my friends are talking. When I walk up, they all go silent.

"What's up guys?" No response. "...is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Jacob cuts in," We all we're just talking about the incident at the party."

I actually had forgotten about that.

"Oh... right. Well that was no big deal-"

"Really? Cause it seemed like one to you." Steven says aggressively.

"How would you know, you couldn't even stand up you were so drunk." I reply. He backs up. "I gotta go." I walk up the stairs to Jo's locker, where I've seen Elena and her friends talking before chem. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Hey." I say into her ear. She struggles to look around at my face and I laugh.

"Oh... hi." Her and Jo smile but Caleb glares at me. I need to get on this kid's good side.

"Caleb, Elena tells me you play Apex Legends."

"Yup." He replies.

"I do too. We should play together sometime." I say, smiling. He sits there for a second before becoming more relaxed.

"Yeah, we should." Jo and Elena smile. The warning bell rings and I grab Elena's hand as we walk to class. I sit down next to her in chemistry.

"Can I sit here today? I don't think any of them want me over there." I say, motioning to my friends.

"Uh, yeah." I can tell she's curious why, but she doesn't want to ask. I change the subject.

"Hey, so my mom is cooking dinner tonight and said I should invite you since your mom invited me over last night. Can you come?"

"Sure, but I can't stay late or you're gonna have to fight my dad."

"If I fight my girlfriends dad does that make me Spiderman?" I laugh, but she just looks confused. "You know, like Spiderman Homecoming."

"Nope."

"You've never seen Spiderman Homecoming?"

"I've actually never seen any Marvel movies." My jaw drops.