Chapter 18

I woke up with a gasp.

I was breathing hard, feeling as if I had been holding my breath for a long time.

Next to me Doyum was sleeping peacefully.

I was breathing hard, still trying to process what had happened in my dream.

Glancing over at the alarm clock, I saw that it was five in the morning.

At least it wasn't too early.

I slowly got out of bed making sure not to disturb Doyum as I left.

The feeling in my body was starting to subside.

I entered the living room to see my mom sitting on the couch thoughtfully.

"Don't worry about it just yet," she said suddenly.

I was confused as to what she was talking about.

"Your dream."

My eyes widened, "You saw my dream?!"

"Every premonition you've had, I've seen. I'd be watching from the sidelines. I wanted to help. But I was stuck watching in agony," she admitted.

At this point I wasn't even shocked anymore. My mom was kind of a wizard.

"Well since I don't have to physically go to school I might as well start finishing the course now," I sighed.

"But it's so early," my mom said.

"I've got to try and teach a mortal how to fly and create orbs," I remarked.

She smiled lightly.

I pulled out my laptop and went to the school website, finding the finishing course. It was a month's worth of work all here.

Time Skip

"You did what?!"

I pulled the phone away from my ear as Hoseok shouted on the other end.

"How did you finish the course in an hour?!"

"I don't know. I just kind of sat down and did it," I replied.

"Can you give me the answers?"

I laughed, "It's not that hard. And if it's any motivation, when you finish it feels like this whole weight is lifted. Like you just finished university."

"That's not relieving. Because we've got to get our masters!"

"Relax. But once you finish all you can think about is graduating," I tried to get him excited.

"You can be excited because you have a job."

"Hobi, just try," I said.

"Fine. But I'm coming over to your place and bugging you if I don't get it."

"Deal," I laughed.

"Okay, see you in a bit then."

"See ya," I said, hanging up the call.

My mom was smiling brightly at me, "I'm glad you've got a friend."

I sighed, "He's been with me since birth but I can't help about worry about everyone. Like you, Doyummie, dad, Hobi, it's just scary. I don't want to lose you guys. But you guys are the ones they might come for, because they know I care deeply for you all."

She smiled thoughtfully, "Dahye, just because you've been asked to do this doesn't mean you have to throw away your whole life. You never got a chance to live a normal life. But it doesn't mean you have to close yourself off to protect others. You deserve to be selfish once in a while."