Chapter 48

Once we got back, Doyum was embraced by my parents who were coddling him and cooing over him.

I chuckled, going to check up on Yoongi.

He was miserably sitting in the bed, mindlessly watching TV.

"I'm back~" I cooed.

He looked at me and gave me a frown.

"Woah what happened to you?" I said.

"I'm not talking to you," he huffed.

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh? And why is that?"

He shook his head, "Why should I tell you?"

"Because I know you're itching to tell me why you're upset," I remarked.

"Fine, since you won't stop pestering me. You let Doyum fight with you, but you won't let me," he pouted.

I let out a snort.

"It's not funny," he whined.

I tried to stop laughing but I couldn't hold it back.

Instead, I went and pressed a kiss on his lips. He was caught off guard which gave me complete creative control.

His hands rested gently on the small of my back.

I pulled back, resting my forehead on his, "Am I forgiven?"

His heavy breathing was my answer.

"Okay, now that we've sorted that out, let's get you home," I said.

I helped him out of the bed, leading him to my car.

"I'll be back. I'm just going to drop Yoongi off," I announced.

My dad snickered.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing honey. Have fun at his house."

I gave my dad a curious look, but brushed it aside and focused on getting Yoongi in the car.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked gently.

"Like a boulder got thrown at me and I caught it with my whole body," he huffed.

"Glad to know that the humor hasn't been beaten out of you," I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled softly. He let his head rest on my shoulder as we drove over to his place. It was silent, except for our soft breaths, but it was pleasant. Almost romantic if you ask me. The sun was setting, painting the sky in warm colors and there was a liveliness in the air. People were going about their own business, oblivious to the danger they were in. But it was so admirable and beautiful to see. There were little kids running around while their parents watched admirably from behind. Maybe it was the calm before the storm, but to me, it was a nice reminder of what we're fighting for. It's easy to feel burdened when the entire world and possibly the universe are depending on you, but you see little things like this, where a young kid is sitting under a tree and reading and you realize that the world has so many pure points. There are people who try to ruin its purity and there are others who take the beauty around them for granted.

But everyone can be taught to appreciate the little things. For me, that's my destiny. It's not just fighting Min and saving the world at whatever cost. It's about preserving the goodness of life and living.

"I'm really sorry about the shoulder," Yoongi said.

"I told you it was okay. As long as I have my Yoongi back, it doesn't matter how many bruises and broken bones I have," I hummed.

He pressed gentle kisses to my shoulder, lightly pressing his forehead on it.

When we arrived at his house I helped him hobble into his living room before seating him on the couch.

I sat down next to him, putting my head in his lap.

We sat in silence for a bit. It wasn't supposed to be this awkward between us, but it just was.

"Dahye?" Yoongi finally spoke.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sure you've been asked this countless times but, is everything going to be okay? Will we win this?" Yoongi suddenly asked.

I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say.

"It all works in funny ways," I said.

"What does?"

"Destiny."

"You keep going on about destiny, but what is your destiny? What's our destiny?" He prodded.

I sighed, "It's not my duty to reveal fate to anyone else. It's not fair for me to do that. I would hate to be told how everything ends and goes down. I'd rather live in the moment and live spontaneously rather than know I was trying to complete my bucket list because my destiny would end. It's better to leave things unsaid. Left for history to decide. Just because the book is written doesn't mean it can't be edited."

I sat up and noticed Yoongi jotting something down. I peeked over his shoulder and noticed the last sentence I said was written down.

I pecked his cheek, forcing him to look at me. With his lips now exposed, I pressed mine against his. He turned his body so that we were facing each other and moved me on top of his lap. He placed his hand on my lower back, not breaking contact with my lips.

When we pulled away, he lightly hummed, "Have I told, you lately, that I love you."

I giggled, pressing one more short kiss to his lips.

"I love you," I replied.

His hands interlocked around my waist, his gummy smile wide as he stared lovingly at me.

His jaw dropped, "You've always wanted to hear my songs right? Well now the perfect chance!"

I got off of him and helped him up. He led me to this giant piano that was sitting in the middle of a room.

He delicately sat down on the bench and let his fingers glide over the keys. I stared in awe as he played piece after piece.

Wrapping my arms around his shoulders, I whispered in his ears, "When this is all over, I want you to become a music producer. Quit being something you don't want to be and utilize your talents."

"Should I?" He asked unsurely.

"Absolutely."

He smirked, "I will if you sleep here tonight."

He caught me off guard, but I replied with a simple "Sure."

And so, we spent the rest of the lovely evening in each other's company, watching movies, discussing life, and eating ice cream because we're cute.