т

Jeno looked out the window, his jaw dropping. "Are you serious?"

"I thought it would be nice." Mark said, nerves staining his tone.

"I've never been to one," Jeno said softly as Mark pulled into a parking spot and looked at him.

"Never?"

"Never. The carnival always comes around near some sort of exam and I never can be pulled away from studying."

"You could be studying if you wanted Jeno," Mark said, and the smaller boy shrugged as they got out.

"I want to be with you Mark." Jeno said simply, Mark blushing at those words. "And I want a stuffed plush! Can we get cotton candy as well? How about funnel cake? Lemonade, can we ride the carousel? And the Ferris wheel? How about bumper cars?"

"Yes to all of it Jeno," Mark smiled, making the smaller boy smile wider if it was even possible. "Let's buy some tickets first okay? Then you can drag me to the plush you want."

"I'll pay too!"

"No love, this is a date. Let me pay for you okay?"

"I can pay next time right?"

"Next time?" Mark asked, and Jeno nodded, somewhat shyly.

"Unless you don't want to have another date which I understand be-" Mark gently pressed his finger to Jeno's lips and smiled widely.

"I'd love to go on another date with you. Now, let's go get some tickets okay?"

"Okay!" Jeno beamed, hesitating to lace his fingers with Mark's. Would that be okay? He'd done it before, but not on a date. But this was his first date.

"What're you thinking about?" Mark asked, and Jeno started out of his thoughts, realising they were in line for tickets.

"If I could hold your hand," Jeno said honestly, and Mark smiled.

"Of course you can. Here." Mark held out his hand, palm up, and Jeno placed his hand on Mark's, their fingers locking together like it was the most natural thing in the world. "See?"

Mark was trying so hard not to turn red as a pink blush took over Jeno's cheeks as he nodded. Mark was nervous to say the least - he wanted to make this date absolutely perfect for Jeno, and seeing the boy dressed so cutely, Mark wanted to put him in his pocket and keep him safe from all the harm in the world.

"How many tickets?" The woman asked boredly, and Jeno peeked at her name tag. Sooyoung, what a pretty name.

"How many do you want Jeno?" Mark asked, and Jeno shrugged.

"We'll take one hundred and fifty," Mark said, and Sooyoung blinked a few times before nodding.

"Cash or card?"

"Cash." Mark pulled out the amount and smiled winningly, the woman nodded and exchanging the tickets for the cash.

"Thank you Miss Sooyoung!" Jeno beamed, and she smiled.

"Thank you and enjoy ReVe Festival!" She said, waving goodbye. They entered the festival, bright lights and the smell of funnel cakes permeating their senses.

Rows upon rows of stalls with food and games were the first part, then rides and such were in the back.

A certain stall caught Jeno's eye first, and he wandered over to it, looking at the prizes and finding the exact one he wanted. "Want to play?" The woman asked, beaming.

Jeno nodded, and she accepted the five tickets Mark was holding out. "Just knock over the bottles! If you use three balls, then you'll get a small prize. Two, medium. One, large. Alright?" She accepted the other five tickets Mark was holding out, and handed them each three balls. "Good luck!"