No. 54.: Second-rate lover boy

Pleasant fragrance is what I wake up to. It's very flowery and fresh, and I feel like one of those sleepy girls that star in advertisements for fabric softeners. I slowly open my eyes, but not with terrible difficulty. I am a bit disoriented at first because I wake up in a place that is not my own, but once my brain switches to second gear, I recall how last night ended.

I'm lying on my side and Annabelle is right by my side, looking in my direction. She's still asleep and I figure I ought to do the same thing if there is no emergency. I could easily close my eyes for a couple of more minutes, maybe an hour or so, then be on my way. I pull the cover over my face and block the daylight out of my sight. That's when I'm overwhelmed with that fragrance once again, so it must be that her sheets smell so amazing. Weirdly, I didn't smell anything particular last night.

Once I'm safely tucked under the covers, I close my eyes, relax and let myself doze off again, but then I hear a sleepy and a little raspy voice say, "What are you doing?"

I remove the cloth just enough so I can see her. My nose and my mouth are still under the duvet. Her hair is a bit messy, but somehow everything managed to stay braided. "I'm trying to sleep."

"You're doing a very poor job if you're awake." She mocks me a bit and then sinks down into the mattress and pillows as well. "How did you sleep?" She asks me after she gets herself comfortable.

I don't think I've slept that good in a long time. I remember a small fragment of dreams I've had and even that fragment only consists of knowing there was May on her wedding day. It was hard to fight off tears on that day. "Really good. You?"

She shrugs under the covers, her face radiating with uncertainty. I guess she just feels guilty for sleeping with me in the same bed where she used to do it with Mason, her Hawaii-engagement asshole.

"When I fell asleep, I slept really good as well, but I was awake for quite a while."

"How is that possible?" She was completely immobile once we were done. The only time she responded to something was when I wiped her thighs, and even that was an automatic response of a body when something unusually cold is pressed against it.

She shrugs again and it doesn't look like she's going to say anything more on the topic. She then yawns widely, and closes her mouth with a smile on her face, "I'll just say I'm happy you fixed my AC."

I chuckle to that, feeling pretty happy about it myself. "Hyah, since then, this one has been working over time."

Annabelle visibly shivers and cringes, "I know, but I was too lazy to turn it off. I had you to squeeze to, so I think I managed the situation perfectly."

"I definitely wasn't mad about it," I laugh and stop to admire how relaxed this morning is. I don't feel like packing up and leaving, I want to lounge here and later have a coffee in peace.

She sits up and holds the duvet close in order to hide her nudity from me. Last night she was very confident being naked; maybe now she's more reserved about it because she's bathing in daylight.

She looks back down at me and sees me observing her, "What is it? Feeling lazy?"

I grin and nod slowly. I just want to pull this thing over me and cuddle under it. The temperature under the duvet is perfect, just about right, everything is so soft and cozy, who wouldn't feel lazy in an environment like that?

She yawns widely, another indicator that it took her a long time to fall asleep last night. She lies back down and cuddles next to me under the cover. "You mind if I join you?"

I stretch out my arms, so she can get closer to me, "Not at all."

When she crawls close to me, we have a silent eye-contact moment going on before she buries her face into my neck. Being like this I can feel every breath she draws, and feeling the steadiness of it and how it's slowly calming down, it has a tranquilising affect on me.