No. 40.: Responsible

Sun rays beam at my face, disrupt my sleep for which I notice has been very uncomfortable as I slowly wake up. It feels like half of my body is going to fall off if I get up like I'm an old stone crumbling to pieces.

I look towards the sunshine and groan when I see one single ray that somehow found a way to shine over the couch, is the one that woke me up.

I can barely keep my eyes open. To look at one thing I have to blink at it a thousand times. My brain is trying to wake up and start a day but my eyes aren't nearly as excited. They're fighting with all their power to get back to sleep. My back joins the party and aches so much something rings in my ears.

I cuss silently and try to shift but Annabelle's in the way. Somehow women feel obligated to steal all the space from men. She's pressed tightly against me since the couch isn't big enough for two people to sleep on and her face is buried underneath my arm so she can sleep without any interruptions.

I shift some more and manage to sit up without waking her up. When I slouch my back, it pops in several places like I'm a sixteen-year-old.

"Oh, hell," I groan and pop my neck as well.

I look at Annabelle who is now burying her face in the cushions to hide from the mean ray of sunshine. Then it strikes me - what the hell am I going to tell her?

Morning, loved your moans.

Those tits were definitely worth the wait!

Couldn't help myself yesterday from unleashing my stallion but I take it you liked it a lot!

Despite that all of this is true... I don't think she'd laugh any of it off.

Just the thought of talking to her after last night, going back to the babysitter thing...

Shit. I fucked another babysitter.

I spy the time and see it's 8 o'clock. It's a perfect opportunity to avoid the conversation entirely by going to work and if she'll ask any questions, I'd just tell her I was running late.

I climb over the couch and nearly kill myself in the process but at least I do it quietly. If I died, no one would even notice.

Cheerful thought.

I look towards Devon's room and figure he'd have already cried if something wasn't up to his royal ass standards. It's only a matter of time when he'll actually be in distress, which would wake up Annabelle. What does that tell me? That I need to get the hell out before it's too late.

I tiptoe to both the bathroom and the bedroom. Guessing it's probably gonna be warm today, I put on regular blue jeans and a grey light shirt. I'd love to wear a shirt with short sleeves but I gotta keep up my image.

Reality dawns on me when I longingly eye the counter and say goodbye to the coffee I always drink at home. A part of me actually questions whether I should really bolt out and would it be really that bad to wish her good morning or not and all for a sake of a cup of hot coffee.

Annabelle mumbles something in her sleep and my heart drops down to my balls. Like hell that I want to talk to her!

With the speed of light, I run through the front door, grabbing the jacket, wallet and keys in the last second.

I'm about to close and lock the door when my eyes climb up in curiosity and scan the apartment. There, in the living room, I see Annabelle almost completely naked climbing closer to cushions, curling up like trying to keep warm.

I inspect my watch once more and sigh to myself. I'm a freaking weakling!

I go to the bedroom to fetch one of the blankets and threaten myself with strangulation if she'll wake up now.