Guess Who's Back!!! Not an Update

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I am back and I am trying to get into my writing again, since this story was such a huge success and it is my most popular.

So the reason I've been off is because my Pop Pop Sal was in and out of the hospital this year. He ended up going to hospice care for a week before passing on. The reason it has been such a difficult loss is because I have had a strained relationship with my biological father's side of the family and I didn't get to see my Pop Pop as much as I had wanted to. I liked to keep my distance from that side of my family as it brought up very painful memories of my childhood regarding my father. The only reason I stepped in to visit more is because my Aunt Cathy was the only person taking care of him and the only child out of his four kids to be there.

My Pop Pop's health issues this year was such a time consuming issue because he was Deaf and only my Aunt Cathy and I are the family members who sign and no one else would visit him. So we spent our free time going to be there to comfort him. Also with him being Deaf, there were struggles dealing with a couple hospitals that left him alone most of the time without an interpreter to communicate the updates on his conditions. After his passing, I helped with making the memorial plans and helped my Aunt by watching my two younger cousins so she would have less to worry about.

I then took a couple months to mourn and try to get back to myself. And even after doing that, I struggled to find myself again and I even found myself feeling guilty and very depressed because I wish I had been to see him more. I loved my Pop Pop Sal and he was the whole reason I developed a passion for ASL and want to become an interpreter one day. He was my inspiration for my Phantom of the Opera story because I wanted to educate people about his community and culture.

In conclusion, I want to get back to not only updating this story, but also updating my Phantom story because I know he would want me to try to educate people about such a beautiful and amazing culture. So that is exactly what I am setting out to do. I plan only all updated stories to be 6-8 pages long and to update something every couple weeks, which I think will be a good way for me to work my way back up to those longer chapters and updating more often.

I want to thank everyone who has been giving this story likes, comments, and have been waiting patiently for an update. There have been people who tell me they have reread this story multiple times because they can't get enough.

So as another little treat to anyone who is interested, I am putting a youtube video below that is actually a video of me a few years ago signing a song in ASL for my sign language class. It is seriously a little cringy at some parts, but it is ultimately something I'm very proud of. I hope you guys enjoy it because this song not only means alot to me, but I smile now when I watch this video because my Pop Pop watched it and this was the first time he had seen me sign fluently. I hope you guys all enjoy it and be ready for new material coming up.