Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Raven's POV

Lucifer's eyes seemed to shift into a state of great jealousy. He looked upon Walsh with great dislike. And Walsh was shooting the same look at Lucifer, but with a burning rage behind it.

Walsh growled,"You should apologize to Dr. Poe for your rude suggestion."

"Oh, should I? How about no?," Lucifer smirked. He was clearly trying to push his buttons on purpose.

Walsh took a threatening step toward Lucifer and I put myself between them as they advanced toward one another.

I looked to Walsh before speaking in a stern tone,"Dr. Walsh, go to retrieve a body bag for the victim. I'll handle Lucifer."

Lucifer looked down at me as Walsh angrily walked off. He seemed somewhat surprised. It was as if something profound had happened.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Well, dear, you just referred to me without using my surname. You rarely say it. Actually, you usually scream it."

"I apologize, I didn't intend to do that. I suppose it merely slipped out. It won't happen again," I said in a flustered manner.

"No. I'd prefer it if you would refer to me like that from now on. And I hope I can call you Raven in return," he flashed me a charming smile.

I sighed, knowing this would be unethical,"Fine. You can call me Raven and I'll call you Lucifer, but you must promise not to make any sexual jokes towards me in this kind of setting. Agreed?"

"I suppose I can get behind that. And I'm resisting the urge to crack a joke about getting behind you, Raven, dear."

He and I exchanged smiles. It was a pleasant moment for the two of us. A moment that made my heart rate increase. And I just knew that my pupils had dilated.

That all stopped when Dan approached us, causing our smiles to fall immediately.

"What do you want, jackass?," I hissed at the father of my goddaughter with disdain.

"He's not supposed to be here and you're supposed to be doing your job," he retorted with a clear and present attitude.

"I did my job. The boys are going to bag the body and take him to my lab. And Mr. Morningstar is going to assist me. I could surely use some outside speculation while discussing the impact," I turned to look for Lucifer, who wasn't there.

He had walked off to the other car and examined the inside. I roll my eyes before looking at Dan again,"He is looking to see if there is a trace of particulates anywhere for me to collect."

"He's smoking weed, Ray," he said with that stupid douchey face he always made.

I turned quickly to see that the dickbag was telling the truth. I immediately walked up to Lucifer just as Chloe stomped the jointed into the ground,"Lucifer, did you smoke evidence? Because I honestly hope that you brought that from home."

Lucifer awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding my eyes.

"Lucifer, I can't believe you! You are the biggest moron I've ever met," I snapped as I glared at him.

"But it would've gone to waste, darling. And now it is under your best friend's boot. Terrible shame," he said in a false sorrowful voice.

"Lucifer, you are beyond screwed. Walsh is going to rip you a new one when he finds out," I added as I crossed my arms.

Lucifer's face then displayed a look of pure annoyance,"Must you say his name, Raven?"

"Since when are you two on a first name basis?," Chloe asked as her eyes shifted from me to Lucifer before landing on me once more. And from the look she gave me, I could tell she knew.

"Well, since you clearly know already. Yes. I am sleeping with him, but it is only a sexual relationship. No feelings involved whatsoever."

"Ah, so we can tell everyone we're shagging now?," Lucifer smiled. He clearly enjoyed the idea of telling people he was sleeping with me.

"I suppose. You've made it rather obvious with your incessant flirting. Just don't start assuming that you and I are in a relationship," I said as I pointed at him.

"Darling, you wish you could date me," he chuckled in amusement.

"No. I require someone with an IQ that stands at least a chance against mine. Anyways, they are taking the body to my lab. And Lucifer will be coming with me to the precinct. I promise I'll keep an eye on him, Chloe."

With that, I grasped Lucifer's arm and led him to my car. I proceeded to the drivers side as he entered the vehicle. I buckled up and looked at Lucifer,"Buckle up. You don't want to end up sidewalk art, do you?"

"Ha ha. Very funny. I'm immortal, darling. Seems you keep forgetting that little bit."

"No. I choose to ignore it because it is highly improbable. Correction. It is improbable. And I am also tempted to shoot you currently," I responded blandly as I began to drive.

"Do it. You won't leave a scratch. On another note, I wanted to ask you something," he looked over to me with a glimmer of what looked like hope in his eyes.

I glanced at him before focusing on the road ahead,"What would happen to be on your mind?"

"I was hoping I could take you to dinner. And yes, I know you said no dating. Just dinner. I mean, I'm sleeping with you and I don't know much about you. I feel that I should get to know my new friend better. So, will you go, Raven?," he smiled sweetly. His gaze seemed hopeful and sincere. Not exactly something you'd expect from Lucifer.

I paused and pondered the offer for a moment. For some reason, I couldn't turn Lucifer down. I genuinely wanted to go spend some time with him that didn't involve sex,"Fine. I'll go to dinner with you. Only if we go back to your place afterwards for some fun. Agreed?"

"My dear, you just made a deal with the Devil. I'll pick you up after I help Chloe with the case. Say, eight o'clock?"

"Sounds good to me, Lu."