6: War between the Gods

The epic battle between the older gods( Titans ) and the younger gods( Olympians ) lasted for many years. The young gods were getting overwhelmed by the Titans who were much more experienced in their powers. 

In mid battle Zeus made a clever move and went to the underworld. He freed the Hecatonchires and the Cyclopes who were hated by their brothers and sisters. 

Both of them decided to help Zeus in defeating the Titans. With the monstrous Hecatonchires on their side the war quickly changed. The Cyclopes gave the power of Thunder bolts to Zeus. He matched his father in strength.

The Hecatonchires used their enormous size and their multiple hands to crush multiple Titans at once.  Zeus used his Thunder bolts to bring the Titans to their knees. 

Zeus hit the Titans with the largest Thunder bolt he could create. The Titans could barely stand anymore.

Zeus quickly locked the Titans inside the walls of the underworld before they could regain their strength. The Hecatonchires were ordered by Zeus to guard them for all eternity.  Zeus made Atlas (son of the Titan Lapetus ), hold the heavens on his shoulders as punishment.

Zeus was now the new ruler of the cosmos. He made Hades the guardian of the underworld and made Poseidon guardian of the seas.