Chapter 77: Coming Home?

I wrap the blanket tightly around myself as I stand up from the couch.

"Darren, can I call Marshall and let him know you're bringing me home?" I ask timidly, part of me is terrified he will take back his offer to drive me home any second.

"No, I don't want you two trying to come up with some type of way to try and get me caught by the cops or something!" He yells sounding irritated that I even asked.

"Ok." I simply state.

"Do you need to use the bathroom or anything before we go?"

I do need to go to the bathroom, but I'm anxious to just get going before he changes his mind, but I am pregnant and the bumps are going to be hell with a full bladder.

"I better, where is it?"

Darren points down the little hallway, "there on the right." I follow his instructions and find the bathroom, I finish up and wash my hands. I glance in the mirror and barley recognize myself, my eyes are red and puffy with black mascara running down my face. I wash my face quickly and dry my hands and face and return to the living room.

"You ready?" Darren glances over me.

"Yes!" I grab the blanket and place it back around me and we make our way to the truck. Darren opens his door and let's me slide into the passenger side of the freezing truck. He was right about it snowing, I look through the foggy windshield just as it starts to snow.

Darren jumps in and turns the key firing up the engine. "Danielle, I would have never hurt you, I hope you believe that. I just wanted you to see we were suppose to be together, but like you said I can't make you fall back in love with me." He says and then begins blowing his hot breath into his cold hands in an attempt to warm them.

"Honestly I do believe you, especially because you are letting me go home! The Darren I fell in love with is a good man with a big heart and I just know you will find someone someday and you will see that we weren't suppose to spend forever together."

He looks over at me with a sad expression and just nods, "yeah? Maybe you're right."

"I am." I give him a small smile. I am still angry and hurt but right now I just want Marshall so I'm also really happy, I can't wait to see him, hug him! We pull away from the little house and we get on a freeway, I'm terrible with directions so I'm glad that Darren has always had a keen sense of direction. The snow really starts to pick up making it difficult to see the cars in front of us. All of a sudden I see red brake lights from the cars in front of us as they slam on their breaks causing Darren to slam on his and when he does the truck begins to drift from one side to the other until he loses control causing us to spin, I instantly find myself wrapping my arms around my stomach and looking up just in time to see the lights of a semi truck coming straight at me. Loud screeching and crunching noises were the last things I heard before everything went black.

~ Marshall's POV~

"So? Come on man did it work?" I ask the tracking guy.

"I will know in just a few more minutes." He says as he types on his laptop.

I sigh and run my hands down my face.

"Ok so I don't have the exact location but what I was able to retrieve was a ping on a cell phone tower. Now I just need to narrow it down and hopefully find her location that way." Liam says sounding confident in his skills.

"How long is that gonna take man?"

"I'm doing my best Marshall, I know we are working against the clock here." He says never taking his eyes off his screen.