171. DOUBLE RANTS: Health Concerns + What Is Happening In This Fandom?!

7/30/19

  I will be addressing two topics in this chapter! They relate so I've decided to merge two rants into one.

First Part - Health Concerns

Is anyone else worried about Shawn's health? I asked this question on my message board but I want to open it up to you guys on here too.

  He's seems thinner and he's upset most of the time. He's been receiving so much hate recently and I think it's taking a toll on him.

  I wish fans would stop picking into every little thing he does and would lay off! Give him a break. Just like every human being, he makes mistakes and isn't perfect.

  I wish him the best because I know it must be really hard to be going through this. Respond with a "❤️" or any other variation to show your support for Shawn. You never know, Shawn might see this and it's nice that he would know we support him! ❤️

 You never know, Shawn might see this and it's nice that he would know we support him! ❤️

Second Part - What Is Happening In This Fandom?!

Out of all of my years being in this fandom, I think, without a doubt, that this is the time where I've seen the most hate towards Shawn.

  Most of the fandom is trying to find reasons to hate him because of his PR/real (depending on what you believe) relationship with Camila.

  I'm going to write two paragraphs that are directed at people who are faulting Shawn based on this (the 1st for if you believe it's PR and the 2nd for if you believe it's real). I know this won't apply to a lot of you but if any of you are like the fans I've been seeing on Twitter, you need a wake up call.

  Doing a PR relationship is not his choice. I mean, he ultimately has to say yes or else he'll face some form of a consequence but it's not because he actually wants to. It's Andrew's and his label's choice. It's also Camila's manager's and her label's choice. Stop acting as if they both chose to put themselves through this. The industry can be fucked up and even for two popular artists like Shawn and Camila, you can't escape the restraints of the industry.

  If you believe the relationship is real and you hate Shawn because he betrayed you by dating someone else when he's supposed to date you, guess what? He doesn't owe you a date. Or a kiss. Or a marriage. He doesn't owe you anything. In the end, you're just a fan and (most likely) a minor that is too young to date Shawn. Shawn is going to date people and if you can't accept that, then I suggest that you take a break from this fandom because your hate is only contributing to the drama right now.

  I think small reminders like those can help people remember that we shouldn't be causing drama over these kinds of things. ❤️

Also, relating to his relationship status, we should talk about his recent q&a sessions.

Listen, I understand that Shawn not answering certain questions can be infuriating but we can't change what he does. I think that before the sessions start, he should outright state that he isn't comfortable answering questions related to Camila or similar topics. So much drama could be avoided if he simply did that but because he hasn't, now we have some drama.

  For the fans that keep asking Shawn if he's dating Camila, stop. You've seen that he doesn't answer it so why do you keep asking? Stop wasting time on that and ask questions that are worth asking. If their relationship is PR, that could be another reason for not answering because saying "no" would be violating his contract but saying "yes" would be lying.

   For the fan that asked what inspired him to write 'Señorita,' I think he should have answered them. I'm going to give this fan the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were genuinely curious about the songwriting process of the song instead of trying to make Shawn say that he's dating Camila.

  After reading Shawn's apology tweet, I understood then, why he playfully walked out but I still think he should have answered. I get that it was a joke but what if the fan didn't know that? Take into account that the fan payed $300 to ask that question!

  With that situation, Shawn shouldn't have received the amount of hate that he got! He clearly didn't have bad intentions so I don't understand why some fans are making it seem that way

With that situation, Shawn shouldn't have received the amount of hate that he got! He clearly didn't have bad intentions so I don't understand why some fans are making it seem that way. They're making an issue out of something that shouldn't even be a big issue in the first place.

  If anyone is reading this from the future, hopefully by then, the fandom is in a peaceful place and this drama has been forgotten! 👍

  The fandom is divided right now and we need to unite. How can we support Shawn if we're busy creating drama? Remember that we're stronger together!

Share your opinions in the comment section! I love reading comments and being able to view situations from other mindsets.

💖💖💖