Chapter Eight

Part 2: Civil War

Kamron's POV

As we walked down the road towards the tower, there's and odd silence in the air.

"This. Is. Boring." I huff.

"What is?" Peter asks.

"Walking." I say, turning a corner into an ally.

"Kamron!" They yell after me, but their smart, they won't leave me unsupervised in a dark ally.

I take my "suit" out of my backpack. I peel my jeans off, along with my shirt.

"Whoa!" I hear Lana yell.

"You've seen worse." I say simply.

"But he hasn't."

I look up, and Lana has her hands shoved in Peter's face. I stifled a laugh and finish putting on my suit. Once that's done, Lana removes her hands from his face. 

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna get your suits on?" I ask, crossing my arms as I lean on the wall of the building.

"Only if you turn around." Peter says.

I roll my eyes and spin around as Peter and Lana go back to back and change. Something comes to my mind and I start laughing.

"What?" Lana asks.

"Tony is going to kill me." I snicker.

"Why?" Asked Peter.

"'Cause its Tony. If he knew I was out on patrol, he would kick my ass." I chuckled.

"Then why are you laughing?!" Peter asked.

Lana also gave a snicker. She knew, despite my decision to stay away from people, that I had a rebellious streak, and it wasn't small.

"Look who you're talking to, bug brain." Lana said.

I snort.

"Arachnid!" Peter says, "Why doesn't anyone get that?!"

"You can turn around now." Lana says.

I do.

"Let's get in some trouble." I say.

...

So, when I said, 'Let's get in some trouble.' I meant, like, with Tony, not with criminals....but it happened anyway.

"Kamron!" Lana and Peter shout in unison as get hit in the head with a crowbar! YAY! Please note the sarcasm.

Okay, let's backtrack. We were out, stopping petty crime. An old lady bought Peter a churro for, like, the fourth time this month......not that I've been sneaking out with him at night.......because I haven't.

"I'm bored." I say, sitting on the edge of a building.

"Well, this was your idea, genius." Peter quips.

I twitch my finger at him, sending a jolt of electricity at him. I laughed so hard I almost fell off the edge. Oops.

Then the loud sound of sirens shoot through the air.

"What the hell?" I ask.

"I don't think we're gonna be bored for much longer." Lana says.

"Yeah." Peter says.

We take off in the general direction and we see thugs get out of the driver's seats of the two police cruisers.

I smirk and land in front of them, despite Lana and Peter's silent debates.

"Hey, last time I checked, stealing cars was illegal." I say.

"Who are you?" One asks.

"You know, no one seems the grasp the concept of the mask." I say, she bolts of electricity at them.

One pulls out a knife, a small one at that, and threatens me with it.

"Just let us go." He says.

"Oh no, is that a real knife?!" I ask in mock fear, falling to my knees.

"Yes, it's a real knife."

"My one weakness, small knives!" I say.

"Crotch!" I hear as Peter swings in, pinning the guy's head between his legs and pulling him to the ground.

Very 'Nat' of him.

Lana lands next to me.

"You're an idiot." She says, extending a hand.

I take it.

"Thanks." I say.

"That's not a complement." She tells me.

"Could've fooled me." I say shrugging and Peter finishes webbing the two men to the wall.

Just then, a car door is slammed. We spin on our heels to see a third man, armed with a crowbar. Great.

"Good, I was getting bored....again." I say.

He comes in swinging, but we dodge him easily. I then turn my back for one second. ONE SECOND! That's a rookie mistake.

"Kamron!" I hear Lana and Peter yell, but I don't know what happened next, because I blacked out.

That's right. He hit me with the crowbar!