Chapters Twenty Two

Peter's POV 

Tony walks into the living room, an unreadable expression on his face. He had left after Ava told him that Kamron's heart rate was through the roof. She didn't normally have panic attacks, but I've been there when she's had them.

"Where's Kamron?" I ask.

"Uh, shower."

It was then that I noticed he held Kamron's phone in his hand. The contacts were pulled up, but I couldn't make out the caller ID.

”Is she okay? What's wrong?” Lana inquired furrowing her eyebrows.

"I- I don't know." He says.

I tried to get a better look at the contact, but his thumb was in the way. Lana seemed to see it, though.

”Is that… No that can't be. H-how does Kameron have Daisy's number? HOW DOES SHE NOW 
DAISY?”

Lana’s face was being red now and who is Daisy?

”Tony, you have some explaining to do,” Lana said, calming down.

"You think I knew?! She's been keeping secrets ever since she came here. I looked through her texts with Daisy." Tony said. 

I felt like my brain was going to explode and I wasn't the only one, I looked over at Miles and Bleu sitting there with blank faces. It was almost comical. I had to stifle a laugh.

Lana stormed off to Kameron’s room when Miles put his hand on her arm trying to hold her back.

”Don’t” Lana demanded giving him her death glare, something she only used every few years. 

Kamron's POV 

I was in my room, dressed in sweats and one of Tony's old band t-shirts as I dried my hair. I jumped as I heard slamming on my door.

” Kams open your door” Lana demanded, trying not to raise her voice.

” No, ” I retorted, holding back more tears.

” Kams, ” Peter said almost in a whisper.

"Go away!" I choked out.

They didn't listen. Lana and Peter burst through my door as I started breaking down. I felt my knees buckle and I fell to my soft, white carpet.

My vision was blurred from the tears and then I felt the warmth of Lana and Peter holding me in their embrace. The next thing I know Lana and me are lying on my bed while Peter rushes to get me chocolate and ice cream.

” you ready to talk about it?” Lana asked in a whisper, still holding me in her arms.

"I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, Lan. I have been for a month." I say.

Lana took a moment to soak in what I told her.

”How? S.H.I.E.L.D fell, I watched it happen, I was there.” Lana looked hurt, how could I do this to her.

”it did fall, but the works still needed a shield so Fury made Agent Coulson the director.”

”Agent Coulson? I thought he died… No way. Seriously Fury.” Lana was annoyed now.

”what?” I asked confused.

”He used T.A.H.I.T.I Didn't he?”

”yeah actually, how did you know?”

” my...um… My dad worked on it with Coulson.”

”but you were just a recruit, you shouldn't even know about it.” I stated

” Kams, you're forgetting I trained my whole life to be a super spy.” I laughed.

” I can't believe how well you're taking this.” I say surprised.

She was about to say something when Peter, Miles, and Bleu walked in with various sweets. I chuckled.

"You guys didn't need to do this."

Peter handed me a bowl of ice cream, "Of course we did."

Then Tony walked in, my phone ringing in his hand.

"Who's Amanda?"