Chapter Twelve

Part 2: Civil War

Lana's POV

"What's happening?" I ask as Tony pulls me, Peter, and Miles from Kamron's bed.

"I don't know. But it's best we let the doctors do their job." Tony says.

We go to the waiting room and wait till Rio walks out.

Peter and I jump to our feet.

"Calm down, she's fine. She passed out because she took out her IV and there was a high stress level for some reason. I gave her a sedative and she could be asleep for the next 48 hours." Rio says.

I sighed and slumped back into my chair.

Two Days Later...

There's a light knock on my bedroom door.

"Lana? C'mon, you can't stay in there all day again." It was Peter.

Theres a bigger knock indicating he put his head on the door.

"Come in." I mumble.

I flop onto my stomach and bury my face in my pillows. I hear the door scrape against the carpet as Peter walks in.

"Lana?" He asks cautiously.

I groaned into my pillow.

"Lana, you have to come out." He says.

I rolled onto my back.

"No." I say.

"Lana, she's here." He says.

I shot up into a sitting position and looked at him.

"What?"

"Mr. Stark brought her here so Dr. Cho could work with her." Peter says.

"Wait, she's here?" I question.

He nods.

I jump up and start running down the corridors, closely followed by Peter. When we get there, we're met by Tony and Dr. Cho.

"Where is she?" I demand.

Their faces hold a sternness to them. I didn't understand why.

"Lana, we have to tell you something." Tony says.

I turn to look at Peter, who looks down with tears threatening to spill over.

"What?" I ask.

"Something happened before we could get her out of the hospital." Cho says, "the men that were in there earlier were there when we went to get her. She was awake when they...when they tried to take her. Now, it's nothing bad, she's okay, she's just a bit shaken up."

I let out a shakey breath.

"Then why does Peter look like something is else is going on?" I question.

"Because she doesn't know who we are!" Peter snaps.

Sorry for the short chapter, but this seemed like a good place to stop 😉👍