Chapter Eighteen

Third POV

Kamron sat on the couch, scrolling through her phone and licking at a giant jaw breaker she had gotten a week ago from Clint. She growled as soon as someone snatched her phone from her fingers.

"Tony!" She whined, "give it back!"

"No, I told you there would be consequences. Now, Nat is in the training room with everyone else. Go get changed."

Her grumbling became louder as she stomped to her room and slammed the door.

"You're heartrate has accelerated. I suggest some concentrated breathing." Ava, her AI system, says.

"I'm fine, Ava." She mumbled through gritted teeth.

She threw her hair into a half pony, as her hair was too short now, and put on some workout clothes, then stomped her way down to the training room.

"Hey, Kams." Nat said.

"Do I need to do this?" Kamron asked.

"Just get over here." Nat said with a roll of her eyes.

Kamron goes and joins the half circle of her friends. She stands on the far end by Miles, not completely wanting to be next to Lana and Peter.

"Okay, today we are going to fight." Nat says.

"Do you mean 'spar'?" Miles asks.

"No, sparing was last month." Kamron says.

Natasha nods.

"Lana and Miles. Kamron and Peter. Go." She says.

Kamron's POV

"Well, this should be fun." I said, getting into one of the three rings we had in the expansive training room.

We got into a fighting stance and started a second later. I kick him in his midsection and he grunts and staggers back. He throws a punch and I dodge it. Just as I pull away, my head spins and the world around me reels. I stumble back, reaching behind me to steady my legs. I close my eyes to fight the black spots swimming in my vision. I feel strong hands on my forearms.

"Hey, you okay?" It was Peter. Always worrying.

I push him off.

"I'm fine. Let's get this finished." I take another swing at Peter's jaw, but almost fall forward.

He catches me again. Not surprising.

"Hey, maybe you should go lay down," He says.

I hear footsteps running over to our area.

"What's going on?" Tasha asked.

"I don't know," Peter said as I squeezed his forearms, "Kams?"

"I'm okay. My head just hurts a little," I reply.

"That's it. C'mon," He lifts me bridal style and carries me into my room.

I open my eyes again when I feel my expensive blankets. Peter was squatting in front on me, his eyebrows furrowed together tightly.

"You alright?" He asks.

"I told you, I'm fine,"

He shakes his head and looks down as Lana and Miles walk in.

"I know you don't think this is fair, Kams, but we're just trying to help. The past couple of days have been crazy. I'm just asking you, please, let us help," Peter said, looking up at me with pleading eyes, "Please,"

I patted my bed for Peter to sit, and then waved Lana and Miles over.

"I've been a real asshole," I say.

"No you haven't," Peter said at the same time Lana said, "eh, well,"

I threw one of my pillows at her and we all laughed a little.

"I'm trying to apologize, jerk,"

"Idiot," she mumbled, referring to an inside joke.

She sat next to me and I put my hand on her shoulder, resulting in her putting her head on mine.

"Thanks guys. For putting up with me,"

"You're our friend, Kamron. It's kind of our job,"