Chapter Nineteen

Third POV

Miles was sat in the windowsill, the light New York breeze on his face as he sketched. He hummed as he drew a sunflower, Lana's name as the stem.

"Hm hm...hm... you're a sunflower.." he quietly sang.

"I like that song," says I voice in the doorway.

Miles jumped and fell on the floor. Kamron leans on the doorway, looking at her nails.

"I think Lana does too, but that is not how you'll win her over, buddy, sorry,"

Kamron helps him off the floor.

"Not that I care, she's my best friend and I wouldn't be apposed to sucker punching you if need be," She said with a smug grin.

"Wouldn't doubt it,"

"Good. Now, you want my help or not?"

"H-help?" Miles stammered.

"You obviously like Lana, so I'm willing to help."

"Y-you are?" He asked.

"Yup! Now, where to start..."

later...

"Ok, so just take all this advice, and knock her dead!" Kamron said, "but if you hurt her, I will end you."

"Noted," He said.

"Good," She said, patting him roughly on the back.

He made an 'oof' sound and steadied his feet.

"You sure this will work?" Miles asked.

"Absolutely!" Kamron nods and pushes him out the door.

She smirked and hid so she could watch the magic unfold.

"Hey, Lana-" Miles squeaked.

Lana turned around from making a smoothie and gave him a weird look. Kamron held in her man snort.

"Hi...?"

Miles leaned a hand on the counter, putting his other hand on his hip.

"So, I heard you like bad boys." Miles said with his best attempt at the "smolder". At least that's what Kamron called it.

Lana gave him am even weirder look and raised her eyebrows.

"I- what?"

"Well, I entered through the exit door at Walmart last week," He said a little too smoothly. For him at least.

"Oh- okay, well, I have to go...iron...something..."

Lana walks away and Miles blows a puff of air out of his cheeks as he turns around. Kamron comes out from her hiding place, hands slow clapping and head shaking.

"That was- well, it was interesting," she says.

"How- how long were standing there,"

She starts laughing, "Longer then you wanted."

"I blew it!" He said, "I knew this was a bad idea."

She smirks and crosses her arms.

"Do you think I blew it?" He asked.

Kamron shrugged, the smug grin glued to her face, "Well, she said she had to go iron something. No one irons anymore," and with that, she leaves.

°°••°°••°°••°°

Kamron lays in her bed, a pounding headache slamming into her skull. She blinked hard, squeezing her eyes so tight her eyelids hurt.