Chapter Fourteen

Part 2: Civil War

Lana's POV

The next day at school was hell. The only person who could get near me was Peter. My teachers didn't even come close. The day felt dull and empty without her here. I felt empty. Miles met us outside afterwards, like he did the past couple days. He was going to Avengers Tower to work on his Sable Spider suit.

"Hey, Peter told me what happened. You guys okay?" Miles asks.

I nod.

"I will be." I say, looking at him and giving him a weak smile.

He looked worried. Not for Kamron, but for me.

"Okay." He said sheepishly.

When we got there, the tower seemed quiet. Too quiet. Everyone was mopey, including myself. Tony walked over to us.

"It's time." He says.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I looked over at Peter, and he had his head down. The four of us walked to the hospital ward, mentally preparing ourselves the whole time.

We can do this. I can do this. I thought to myself as we neared the door to her room.

Tony slowly pushed the door open to reveal the room. In the bed was Kamron. She was looking out the window, completely dazed. She always loved looking out at the city, especially in the middle of the day. That's when the cars are out and the sun is shining its brightest.

She looked over.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Hi. Do you remember me? I was in here last night." Tony says.

He may not want to say it, but he's just as worried as the rest of us.

She nods.

"A little. I-I remember you, too," She points at me, "You came in last night."

I nod.

"That's right." I say.

"Maybe someone can stay in here and tell me what's going on?" She says.

I look at Peter, and he nods, so does Miles. He only knew her for a few hours, but it's still hard.

"I'll be back in a while, then." Tony says before he leaves.

The three of us go and sit around Kamron. Miles and I sit at the two chairs by her bed, while Peter stands behind me.

"So...is there anything in particular you wanna know?" Miles asks.

"Uh, yeah. My name. That'd be nice." She says with a dry laugh, like it was obvious.

At least that hadn't changed.

"Kamron Quinlan Teague." I say.

She nods.

"I like it." She says, looking at her lap, "and my age?"

She looks back up.

"Fourteen. You're turning fifteen in four months." Peter says.

I look at him and he hasn't taken his eyes off the floor, his arms crossed firmly over his chest. He kicks one of his feet slightly against the floor.

"And- and who are you guys?" She asks.

That one physically hurt.

"Uh, I'm Miles, we met a few days ago. This is Lana and Peter." Miles says.

"When did I meet you two?"

"We met when we were about two months away from thirteen." I look at Peter again, and it doesn't look like he's going to answer, "You and Peter met about a year and a half ago when he started his "intern" stuff here."

I whisper the last part.

"Why do you say it like that?" She whispers back.

I chuckle a bit.

"Well, none of us actually intern here. We're superheros." I say simply.

"Right. And I'm Kermit the frog." She says.

My breath hitched in my throat. That's what she said in my dream last night. Despite what I was feeling, I pushed it aside.

I hear Peter laugh slightly.

"At least that hasn't changed." He mumbles.

She smiles at him.

"Am I normally this hilarious?" She asks.

"Only when you're nervous. That's when you start to crack jokes. " I tell her.

"Well, this is nerve wracking. I mean, I woke up and had no idea who I was."

I nod.

"So, about the superhero stuff. Are you actually superheroes?" She asks.

"Yeah. So are you." Peter says.

She freezes.

"I'm a what now?" She asks.

"You're Shock Wave." I say.

"Sooo, do I have superpowers then? And if I do, how do I use them?" She asks, looking at her hands.

"Slow down. Memories first."

We all looked at the door and saw Tony.

"I thought you weren't coming 'till later." I say.

"Well, I'm back now. Deal with it."

I roll my eyes. Doctor Cho then wants to talk to us outside.

"So, how long do you think this will last?" I ask.

"It could be days, maybe weeks. Who knows. It all depends on her and how much she wants to remember." Dr. Cho.

"You know damn well that she wants to remember!" Peter shouts.

"Peter," I snap, turning to face him, "what the hell?"

"I just.." I see tears forming, "I can't do this."

He walks out, quickly changes his pace to a run.

"Peter!" But he didn't listen.

A/n: I know this is short, but oh well...