Chapter Nine

Part 2: Civil War

Lana's POV

Kamron falls to the ground. I look at the man behind her. He still sports the crowbar, but he added an evil smirk.

"You're gonna regret that." I say lowly.

"No, I dont think I will." He chuckles.

"Might wanna rethink that." Peter growls.

"I'm good."

That's it!

I form a ball of water in my hands and trap it around the man's head, slowly drowning him. Peter then webbed him to the wall, and I let the water fall to the ground. I spin around and see Kamron on her stomach.

"Kams!" I run over, dropping to my knees, and feel her pulse.

Still there, but barely.

"Is she okay?" Peter asks, voice small with fear.

I nod.

"But we need to get her to the hospital." I say.

He goes next to me and slowly turns her on her back. I take her mask off.

"Pete, your suit." I say, pulling my mask from my face.

"Crap." He hisses, "my clothes are in my backpack."

I spring to my feet and go to the stolen cars, opening the door. I find a black men's t-shirt. I take it over to Peter.

"Put this on." I say.

He takes off the top half of his suit and slips on the oversized shirt, then lifts Kamron into his arms. He quickly walks in the direction of the hospital.

I take our masks and the half of Peter's suit and went to get our backpacks. Luckily, their still there. I get dressed quickly and sprint to the hospital, backpacks in hand. When I get there, Peter is sitting in the waiting room.

"Peter," I say.

He looks up.

"Is she,"

He nods.

"Yeah, I-I think she's okay." He says.

I nod and take a seat next to him. We sit in silence until the doctor comes out.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Cutler. You brought in Kamron Teague, yes?" He asks.

We nod.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"We can't tell for sure until she wakes up, but she's stable for now." He says, "Is there anyone we can call?"

Peter and I share a glance, mentally debating calling my aunt and uncle, or May. I nodded in his direction and he nodded. My aunt and uncle had three kids to take care of, one of which was a baby.

"Yeah, uh, May Parker." Peter says to the doctor.

The doctor nods.