Prologue

Copyright © 2019

All rights reserved to Kenneth Bray. No part of this publication may be reproduced, rewritten, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without written permission.

***Contains Mature Content ***

Adult language, Sexual Content and Violence

Note to readers:

Some of the chapters may be long, this is to give the reader the historical flavor, while also establishing the incredible relationships. Please hang in as these chapters are worth reading as the story unfolds with drama intrigue, love relations, sexual journeys and all the back stories that will make this an exciting read!

PROLOGUE

In 1954 then Canadian Prime Minister, John Diefenbaker, was quoted as saying, "Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong." Little did he know that just a few years later these profound words would be put to the ultimate and tumultuous test in the Province of Quebec.

But his Canada of 1954 did not reflect the long history of this peaceful country. In the 1940's British Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill stated, "There are no limits to the majestic future which lies before the mighty expanse of Canada with its virile, aspiring, cultured, and generous-hearted people."

Ever since confederation, in 1867, Canada was known worldwide to be an extraordinarily peaceful and passive nation. Canada and her people were very diverse. The country was comprised of vibrant cities, sprawling urban communities and vast uninhabited frontiers. Each of these different regions came together as one, with a national pride of being a multicultural people who lived together harmoniously.

Montreal was founded as a missionary colony in 1642 by Paul de Chomedey de Maisonneuve and Jeanne Mance, and rapidly flourished due to its strategic shipping location on the St. Lawrence River and its lucrative northern fur trade based in the Hudson Bay.

By 1840, Canada East and Canada West were unified by the British Parliament into the Province of Canada. Later, this territory was re-divided into the Provinces of Quebec and Ontario under the Canadian Confederation, which created the of in 1867. This land annexation was the result of years of battle with France, which ultimately united Canada's mere three million people as a dominion within the British Empire.

For many amicable years, the French and English of the Province of Quebec lived side by side, respectful of their differences and cultures. The original early French Quebecer settlers were desperately poor, and cut off from the decision-making centers of Canada and Great Britain. They were also isolated from of any cultural nourishment from France, their former mother country. However, their rural, society remained incredibly prolific, growing impressively in population, while nurturing their French national identity and language.

For over a century and a half, these peasants and adventurers were writing a proud history all over the North American continent. From Hudson Bay, to the Gulf of Mexico and from Labrador to the Rockies, they had been the discoverers, the fur-traders, and the fort-builders. At the same time in the St. Lawrence lowlands they developed an identity quite different from their original France heritage. As the French-Canadian colonization transformation materialized, it survived primarily through their perpetual faith around its Catholic clergy and its country landowners.

The acquisition of land was confined to small farm holdings throughout Quebec, but the growth of the province was centered in the major cities. They were developing through commercial and manufacturing industries which became progressive resource development centers. But as history reflects, this economic growth was the exclusive and undisputed action of, "Les Anglais," the English, who ran most of Québec under the compact leadership of Montréal-based entrepreneurs, financiers and merchant kings.