Chapter nine

People are ungrateful....

Recap: RagLak at the hospital

Ragini was totally numb because of Laksh, who was carrying her to the car all the way back, there were many gazes on them, but he didn't care, while Ragini wasn't sure, what to feel and how to react.

Why is he doing this? People will talk and make stories about us. He has to understand I'm a widow and not just anyone, I don't have the right to be carried.

Laksh was looking at the Parking area, the car was blocked, "damn it," he made her stand on her feet, "Ragini you wait here I will try to get the car out of there." He shakes his head and leaves from there.

Ragini was taking deep breaths, she was taking support from the wall as she still feels weak, Laksh saw that.

Oh no, what does she has? I have to look after her health, haan.

He succeeded in freeing his car and drove to Ragini, he opens the passenger door and Ragini slowly sat on her seat, she was exhausted.

Laksh bend over to her side, she shocks, but then he closed the passenger door, "I can't drive with an open door." He said closing it with care, he looked at her, removing his belt he again bend over and took the belt of her side from the holder and locked it, "I can't drive when my buddy, ops princess isn't safe." He smiles and she felt a small movement.

Ragini smiles, "right. Princess." She was happy and hold her belly.

Laksh was sitting back on his seat, the safety belt locked and starts the accelerator.

There was again a silence. But only short as Ragini was having a problem.

"Laksh?!"

Laksh couldn't look at her, he had his eyes on the roads, "say Ragini." He was caring for her, but couldn't show it more than necessary as he doesn't want to make her feel bad or awkwardly.

"The Doctor said 'look after your wife' why didn't you correct her?"

Laksh frowns dramatically, "she said WIFE?" Of course she said, because she knows what is your future, at least it is a plan.

Ragini nodded her head, "yes!" She was looking at him, but he didn't turned to her.

"No way, Ragini my eyes were on the monitor I was looking at Princess." Laksh said, "by the way as long as you don't have a name, I will call her princess." Even after you gave her name I will call her like this only. Cause she is my princess.

Ragini huffs, "you were blocking my way."

Now Laksh stopped in front of a red signal, he looked at her, "damn it Ragini!" He said in anger, what frightens her more than he thought, but it was needed.

"You can be happy that I just blocked your view, hearing about your health issues I could have slapped you for ti. Don't forget this isn't just your child, it's the last memory of your late husband. No wonder she told me to look after you!" Laksh makes his point clear and Ragini lowers her gaze.

"I couldn't effort the medicine, I bought everything necessary for the child, but when it comes to me, I just keep it back." She was lost looking out of the window, "I know she is the last memory I have, that is why I gave her everything I have, even my life."

Laksh shook his head, he hits with the palm on the sterling, "Ragini, giving up your life won't help her. Who will raise her? Your in-laws? Why don't you ask for compensation or alimony for the child, it's your right!"

Ragini shook her head, "no, they will degrade me!" She said in anger, the eyes red filled with hate.

"Degrade?" He asked her in concern, "what you mean by that?"