Chapter twentyone

Recap: Family reunion.

Laksh woke up early in the morning, he checked on his leg, which was bandaged. Why I had to break my leg? He was cursing the situation and tried to stand up, but he had his problems and took a lot of time.

Ragini was holding Princess, she was whinging to meet him, "I know you want to meet your best friend, but he is sleeping we can't disturb him. He needs rest to play with you later, the whole day."

Princess pouts, she shouts loudly and Ragini was confused. She never did this before it happens for the first time, "Princess. Shh..." she tried to calm her, but nothing was working, Princess wasn't stopping to cry.

Laksh was ready, he went out of his room and heard her cry, "oh no," he didn't waited for a permission and entered the room in the thought that Ragini might have forgotten the baby-phone again.

Ragini turns, she first frowns, but then she smiles, "finally, here." She stood up and gave Princess to Laksh, she calms and plays with her fingers.

Laksh hold her close, "oh Princess you are so cute." He was tickling her with his finger she was smiling to him.

Ragini was looking for a bottle, she had filled it with milk, "Laksh today is Swara's sangeet. Could be the babysitter of Princess?"

Laksh widen his eyes, a smile which could change the storm in a sunny day. "Sure, no need to ask for this, it's my pleasure to be her babysitter." Laksh wipes the tears of Princess away, he kisses her cheek and took the bag Ragini was holding in her hands.

"You will find everything here, I will help Aunty and Swara with the preparation and you take rest. Princess...?" Ragini called her and she looked at her mother, "you won't trouble him, he needs rest be a good girl." She kisses Princess cheek and left the room.

Laksh lifts her up, "now we will have so much fun." Princess claps into her hands and looked at him from above. She was stretching her arms and Laksh understood she wants to hold him and he kept her close to his face.

Princess was smiling, her small hands couldn't cup his face, but the small yet warm sticky hands, cause of the slobber, were making him happy, he felt a little pain in his leg and pouts, "Uncle has an Aaii {pain}" he looked at the bed and thought for a second, then he felt her hand tapping on his cheek, "oh you are giving me the permission to sit. Thank you." He sat on the bed, then he laid back and was holding her up, as if she was flying in the air.

Princess was happy so was he, "you are my princess. I'm not gonna leave you, at least not so soon." He was carrying her and moving her, her slobber was dropping on him, but he didn't cared, he loved each movement of hers, she stopped to smile.

Laksh looked at her, he took her close, "What happen to you?" Princess yawns and Laksh laughs, "oh you are tired, wanna sleep next to me on the bed?" She taps with her hand on his chest.

Laksh smiles, "of course you can sleep on my chest, wait..." He sat up and moves higher to the bed head, he places the pillows on each side, he didn't needed one for himself. And Princess had her very own pillow, the chest of Laksh.

"Now we will take a nap." He stretched his arms to the sides and then hold her, she was asleep in seconds and he too was taking rest.

Ragini was looking at the guest, she was keeping an eye on everything, literally everything.

"AP, who is this and for how long will she stay?" There were women asking about her relationship to them.

"She is like my daughter and I'm not gonna let her go. She will stay here as long as she wants." AP said it to everyone and they agreed to her, but still there were some people with their ideology.

"Isn't she a widow? Why is she a part of the wedding?" A woman said and gained the attention of everyone.

Uttara and Swara were fuming in anger, but it was Ragini, who came to give an answer.

"Yes, it is right I am a widow. But I have learnt through my friends and new found family that it doesn't matter neither it changed the fact that I'm a widow. An accident took my happiness away in seconds, but he left a happiness with me. My daughter, she is my world and for her will never be weak again. One more thing, if you have a problem with me then you can freely come and tell me, but there is no need to trouble AP ji. Besides I'm not being a part of the function as you can see I'm in the kitchen preparing the food for all of you, I hope you don't mind it?"

The woman was quiet, she didn't had anything to say as there was nothing left.

An elder woman stood up, who herself is a widow. She went to Ragini and blessed her, "never be weak it's good you stand up for yourself."

Uttara went to her, "and you are not alone."

The sangeet took an end and everyone was leaving, Laksh places Princess into the cradle, "I will keep calling you Princess, okay?"

Princess took his finger and shook it, "good night." He kisses the small hand unknown of everything what had happened, he went to his bedroom and took a proper sleep.

Ragini enters the room, she was looking around, but Laksh was gone, she felt another pain, she couldn't describe it, but there was something she wanted to share with him.

Ragini went close the window, Princess was sleeping peacefully, there was nothing what could harm her.

Laksh I need to talk to you, but I don't want to disturb the wedding...

____