Chapter fourteen

Recap: SanLak went to meet the groom family to give them the Haldi and Mehndi for the wedding. Uttara demanded Ragini to apply the Mehndi.

Ragini was looking at her hands, she couldn't believe it her hands were decorated with Henna, the sign of a woman, who is married and has a colourful life. But reality is something else, she isn't fortuned to wear it.

Ragini was looking into the crowd, they were all busy in the ongoing happenings no one was giving her any kind of attention.

Slowly she stood up and vanished from there, she went into the washroom and turned on the water tap, the water was rinsing, but she couldn't, there was a voice coming into her mind again and again.

#Why Ragini, why are you doing this? I'm gone and there is no one, who is looking after you#

Ragini was crying, her view got blurred because of the tears, she was trying to see him, there was a small shape, but it was just a mind game.

#Ragini, we had our time and mine ended sooner than we had ever thought, but that doesn't mean that your time ended with me. You have to life for our child#

Ragini closed her ears, her hands were blocking the voice, but the voice was in her heart.

#Ragini you can't shut me down, I'm always there in your heart. Don't forget I'm your Sid#

Ragini opens her eyes, "then why do you want me to forget you? I can't live a life without you, but you want me to forget you, why?" She was talking to herself, there was no answer from anyone.

She waited more than 10 minutes, but there was nothing, she wipes her tears away and washed her hands, she washed off the Mehndi and couldn't believe it, the color of her Mehndi had come.

Ragini opens the door, she looked into the garden, her heartbeat was racing. It's better if I will leave I can't stay in a wedding house, no, I can't ruin her happiness. She went into her room, but felt tired.

"Oh no, you are not my Princess, you are..."

Ragini couldn't end the sentence, she gulps her pain down, "daddy's little princess." Her voice was broke and each word she tried to speak pained her heart more and more.

A kick, which brought a smile on Ragini's face, but at the same time it aches her heart to the core.

The women outside were applying the Ayurveda paste on Uttara's body, she was cover in a thine yellow paste, "Maa where is Ragini?"

AP too was looking for her, "I don't know, I will check inside. You don't worry she must be somewhere."

Uttara nodded and AP went inside the house, she looked for Ragini in the kitchen, always the first place to find her, but Ragini wasn't there.

An unknown fear comes into her mind. Oh no, please so shouldn't leave us, not like this. She owes us more than this.

Ragini was caressing the belly, she was looking to the side table and found the watch of Sid, she hold it tight in her hand, "I miss you." She kisses the watch and closed her eyes.

Immediately she let the watch fallen and rushed out of the room into AP's arms, "Ragini?" She was shocked of the sudden hug, Ragini was crying on AP's shoulder.

"Shh, Ragini please calm down." She tried her best, but Ragini couldn't speak there was only sobbing to hear.

AP went to the guest room, which she gave to Ragini and made her sit on the bed, "Ragini, here drink this." She handover her a glass of water, but Ragini's hand was shaking, she couldn't hold it.

AP made her drink by holding the glass for her.

Laksh was looking at Sanskaar, "I know they will come, they have to come."

Sanskaar was confused, "what? Did you called them?" He couldn't believe it, how irresponsible Laksh acted, "you know it's Uttara's big day and you want to create a scene on this day?"

DP eavesdrop it and looked at them in confusion, "what are you two talking about?"

Laksh lowers his head, "I didn't called them, but they have seen her at the mall, I don't know how much they are befriended with Rajat and his family, but I have a feeling they will come anyhow, just to see and defame her."

Sanskaar felt bad, "I know what you want to say, but I don't want to ruin her day."

Laksh shook his head, "we are not ruining it, if someone would ruined then it's them not us! Besides I haven't invited anyone neither I think Ragini has, but these people are immature and money minded, you had to hear what they said to her and how she got effected, so weak. I can't see that."

DP wasn't aware of anything, he gave his son a death glare, "if something happens to my princess wedding day then I would be the worse person on earth. Better you handle it before it's too late."

Laksh smiles, "Papa I'm not here to fight, neither I'm here to create a scene, but I want Ragini to be strong! If she can't then I don't know what will happen to My Princess."

Sanskaar and DP looked at him, "we know you like her more than anyone else before, but if there is no response of her side, what will you do then?"

DP hits Sanskaar, "shut up! Why would she say no to my son?" He was cursing Sanskaar for his bad mouth, but true was Laksh was having the same doubt.

She hasn't understood my feelings about her, then how will she understand my feelings for the little one inside her. I know she is a widow, but life doesn't end because of the dead of her life partner. I have seen it too often now women lost their husbands, some are waiting others are suffering, but no one is living. I have to give her a life. With me.

AP calmed Ragini, "What happened?"

Ragini shows to the watch, "this watch belonged to Sid, whenever I feel weak or alone, I hold it tight to remember him, his fragrance, but today I couldn't feel anything. He can't leave me like this."

A kick

Ragini stopped breathing, she hold her belly. Right you are there, you are his last memory I have, no one can take you away from me.

Another Kick

Laksh blinks with his eyes, they were back and the women have left the house, it was looking like a mess.

"I never thought women can create such a chaos." Laksh said and got a hit from the back, "ouch!"

They turned and saw her smiling as if it's normal.
____