Chapter twentythree

Recap: Ragini's outburst.

The reception of SwaSan on the next day went well, there wasn't any disturbance or surprise guest.

Laksh was keeping an eye on Princess, she was his teddy bear, he couldn't let go off her, always in his protective arms.

A woman, who was interested in Laksh since years, "Laksh?" He turns and looked at her, "Hi Kavya how are you?"

Kavya smiles, "fine, what about you? I heard that you were missing for months." She showed concern and Laksh nodded, "yes, I lost the track."

Kavya narrows, "got it, you can't tell me. It's okay. Who is this little angel?"

Laksh lifts her and kisses her ear from the back, "Princess and every princess needs a bodyguard, usually her father or brother, but she is so lucky, because I'm her bodyguard." He turns her and both were face to face, she was laughing looking at him.

Laksh kisses her little nose, "we are a team." Princess placed her hands on his face and starts to tap on them.

"I see." Kavya was smiling looking at him, but someone else was burning from inside.

Ragini has completed all her works, "Laksh?"

Both turned to the voice, "oh look your mama is there, I hope she isn't fight mood."

Princess starts to laugh and Ragini took her from Laksh, "now you can both talk, she won't disturb you." Ragini went inside the house with Princess not giving him a chance to speak.

Kavya frowns, "she knows I'm married?"

Laksh smiles, "congratulation to your wedding. Sorry I missed it."

"Yes, you lost the track."

Laksh points with the finger on her, "correct."

They were talking and Ragini was watching them from the window of her room. She was breathing harsh and in anger, "who is this and what she wants?"

Princess completely numb of her mothers anger was looking at Laksh only, she was stretching her hands out to hold him, but she only touches the window glass.

Princess looked at her mother, her eyes were fixed on Kavya there was something wrong, her mother never behaves like this.

Laksh was happy, "well I'm on holiday as long as they won't call me."

"What really? But as soon as you will find the right one, you would stop. That is what you used to say." Kavya questioned him.

"Well therefore she has to like me too." He said looking into his hands, "it's her daughter, who is the bridge between us, but she hasn't moved on. Neither I think she will and I'm not someone who forced himself on someone."

"Wow! So mature of you." Kavya hold his hand, "I'm sure sooner or later she will understand your unconditional love for her."

"Hope so." He laughs and she too, Ragini made a fist.

Why can't she cry now? No, she will only cry when she wants something, but now I want them to be separated/ apart from each other. Ugh 😤.

The day ended and Laksh knocked on the door, Ragini hasn't come out of the room not even  after Kavya left, there was no reason for her, Princess was calm.

"Come in." He Heard- the melodic voice and opens the door, a smile of him influenced her, she smiles equally and Princess laughs.

She was clapping into her hands and Laksh rushed to her, "Aww mera Baacha." He took her in his arms and gave her a good night kiss on her little nose, she pouts what was unusual.