i'm happy youre home

(lowercase intended)

it's been three months since that whole mall fiasco. three months since el saved them all again. three months since she lost her powers. three months since she lost her father.

those three months have been hard for her. always trying so hard not to breakdown in tears if she just hears his name, looks at anything that was his. it was really tough for el.

but it's gotten a little better, joyce and her boys moved. they moved away from hawkins, they asked el if she wanted to go with them and have a new home...but why should she if her home is still there. mike.

so no, she did not go with the byers and move away, she stayed back. back to where her home is.

mike always wanted to fulfill his promise to el he made to her when they first met.

(flashback)

"are you feeling any better?"

"what's put-ting?"

"pudding its...its this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon."

"don't worry, when all this is over, you won't have to to keep eating junk food and leftovers like a dog anymore."

"my mom, she's a pretty awesome cook.she can make you whatever you like."

"eggos?"

"well, yeah, eggos, but real food, too."

"......see i was thinking, once this is all over and wills back and you're not a secret anymore, my parents can get you an actual bed for the basement. or you can take my room if you want, since im down there all the time anyways. my point is, they'll take care of you. they'll be like your new parents, and nancy, she'll be like your new sister."

"will you be like my brother?"

"what? no, no."

"why no?"

"because... 'cause it's different."

"why?"

"i mean, i don't know, i guess it's not."

"it's stupid."

"mike?"

"yeah?"

"friends don't lie."

"well...i was thinking...i don't know...maybe we can go to the snow ball together."

"snow ball?"

"it's this cheesy school dance, where you go to the gym and dance to music and stuff. i've never been, but i know you're not supposed to go with your sister."

"no?"

"i mean...you can, but it'd be really weird."

"you go to school dances with someone that, you know...someone that you like."

"a friend?"