romantic wheeler

(lowercase intended)

mike was walking up the steps to that old worn down cabin. he was rocking on his feet nervously playing with his fingers. today was the day he was gonna take el out on a date. he had before but this is after she came back. after hopper was found. after many arguments with hopper he finally agreed with him and is letting him take her out tonight.

mike wore one of his best polo shirts. it was a light grey one at the top with three light blue stripes. el always said blue looked good on him so he had to choose a blue one. he paired it with his best pair of khakis. tan ones with his beat up nike's. his hair has curls sticking out from the sides, the back and a little in the front obviously his hair didn't wanna cooperate tonight.

el had her hair now dried from the shower she took hours prior. she had it styled in her natural waves, them curling a little more at the ends. el had picked out a white turtleneck with a baby pink top to put over it and paired it with a dark blue skirt with two pockets in the front. she wore white socks that went a little below the knee and a pair of light brown boots.

when she got the call from mike that he would be taking her out on a date tonight. she had been on many dates with mike before but this is their first one back. she didn't know what to do or what to wear, so she called nancy since she's mike's sister and knows what he likes.

she heard a grumpy hopper stomp to the door once there was a nervous shaky knock on it from the other side. she heard a familiar voice that sounded so nervous it was cute.

"u-uh...h-hi chief, um....i-is-is el here?"

hopper growled with a roll of his eyes at the love sick nervous teenager. he's at this same boy at his doorstep asking for the same girl for three years. it still bugged him that his daughter had a boyfriend but she's sixteen. he's seventeen. they've been together for a while now.

"EL!" he yells as he turns his head to her door

her breath gets caught in her throat and she blinks a lot 'get yourself together el you've done this before' she tells herself and puts her hand on the doorknob and pushed it open, walking out with her head down and a small shy smile on her pink tinted face

mike's eyes widen and his mouth falls open. no matter how many times he's seen her, it always feels like the first time for everything. all the air feeling knocked out of him as el slowly appears from the door. he for some reason couldn't breathe properly again. he felt dizzy like he was gonna pass out. his mouth felt dry and his hands were clammy. fuck.

she slowly walked towards them with hoppers face becoming more soft at the sight of his daughter

"...h-hi mike" she says as she finally looks up and meets his gaze

that's it. mike was completely gone. how can someone look so beautiful-look so fucking perfect and cute?! it was a question that could never be answered. he tried talking but it was just a jumble of words that he thought made sense in is head but out loud it sounded like a baby saying it's first words.

he clears his throat hitting his chest a few times as he coughs, making el jump back a little startled by the sudden noise

he closes his eyes and scrunches his face up at how embarrassing he is already. he opened his eyes and takes a breath of much needed air.