Date

Roxie banged on Carla's bedroom door, calling out for her to open up. As she did, Carla curled up on the floor, blocking Roxie from being able to open up the door.

"Carla, please talk to me! I... I can help you know! Is it Josie? Is that who you like? I can help! I know how it feels to—" Roxie quickly shut her mouth, clearing her throat as if to ignore what she had just begun to say, "Anyways... I can help, please!" She begged Carla.

Carla groaned and slammed a fist against her door, seemingly scaring Roxie enough to make her back away. "No! I'm not letting you help after you completely just invited someone else out when we were supposed to go out to eat! I have nothing to say to you, so go have fun with your new boy toy and leave me alone!" Carla cried back. Roxie fell silent and let out a small huff before chuckling in an uncomfortable tone.

"Oh... you knew... I'm sorry Carla, it was necessary. He's... a nice guy, I'm sure you two would get along. Well, if you're so sure, I'll leave you alone... I'm sorry for caring about you." Roxie replied. Carla could hear as Roxie spun around to go back down the stairs while the floorboards creaked under her. She let out a short sigh and pulled open the door before quickly grabbing onto Roxie's shirt and placing a quick kiss the the back of her neck. Roxie stopped in her tracks, making a small breath escape her lips.

"It's not Josie. You know it's not, so please stop playing with me! After everything, after all these years, you know everything you've done hasn't seemed only in a friend way to me!... I like you, now leave or else!" Carla shouted, pushing Roxie back towards the stairs. She refused to move, reaching for Carla's wrist instead and turned her head to kiss Carla's hand softly. Once done, a lipstick print was left onto Carla's hand. The two stood there, saying nothing to one another while Carla stared at the lipstick print in her hand and flushed slightly.

"Meet us at Mandy's Steakhouse tonight... I hope to see you in something that shows your natural beauty off, Carla." Roxie said quickly before practically running out of the house. After she was left alone, Carla backed against the wall and sank to the floor in shock.

"What did I do! I can't believe I just... why couldn't I... ugh! Everything's a mess! Why did... she kiss my hand...? Does Roxie...? No! She doesn't..."

Carla shook her head furiously, getting up and entering her room once again. It was already 4pm, and, if she wanted to go out to the restaurant, she had to start getting dressed right now and prepare. She breathed in deeply and rushed to her closet, pulling out multiple dresses to possibly wear. In the end, Carla slipped a sleek black dress on and put on a pair of black heels to go with it. "I hope this is okay..." She said with a sense of doubt in her voice.

As she was turning to go do her hair, Carla noticed a small vile of vermillion red lipstick on her bedside desk. "That would really go with my outfit... but wouldn't it be too much?... no, no I need to stand out! I need Roxie to look my way!" She nodded to herself with a cheeky smirk, disappearing into the bathroom.

After some time, she finally exited with a face full of makeup to go along with her dress and ever curled her hair slightly to style it. After wards, she called her mom to have her drive to Mandy's to go out to eat...

Carla arrived right at 6pm, glancing at the front of the restaurant to see Roxie standing outside with a concerned look on her face, tapping her neatly filed nails against the doors of the entrance. "She look... beautiful..." Carla thought, taking in the outfit that Roxie had worn. She had a short red dress on with red high heels. Besides that, Roxie also pulled her jet black hair into a tight bun and put on a glossy pink lipstick.

Without hesitation, Carla hopped out of the car and  ran up to Roxie with a smile. Upon further inspection, Carla realized that Roxie's boyfriend wasn't with her. Once she stood beside Roxie, Carla giggled nervously.

"So... he couldn't make it or—"

"I cancelled on him... I want to spend tonight with you," Roxie cut her off, pulling Carla into a hug, "It's not that I have no feelings like that for you, Carla... it's just... I like him too..." Roxie sighed, letting go of Carla.

The two walked in together in silence as Carla took all that Roxie had said in. "She likes me? She has feelings for me, but she has a boyfriend... should I push it or let her go? I... I can't let Roxie out of my hands! I can make her fall for me... I can do this... I want to be with her!" Carla smirked and brushed her hand up to Roxie's.

"You look amazing, Roxie! Honestly, those lips of yours look incredible too..." Carla said, biting her lip, waiting to see Roxie's reaction. She put a hand up to her head, covering her face which may or may not be flushed with embarrassment.

"Thanks... you look great too, Carla. I, uh, love the lipstick color..." She said, hiding a small smile.

The two sat down at a table together, seated across from one another. The remained quiet until a waiter came and took their orders and delivered their drinks. Suddenly, Roxie spoke up after receiving her water.

"Carla... I'm sorry I did this to you... I just... I can't say sorry enough to you..." Roxie sighed. Carla looked to the table and frowned.

"Roxie, I like you. No, I love you. I've felt like this for such a long time, and I know you feel something for me too! Why can't you just admit it? That kiss? That kiss wasn't from a friend to another!" She cried. Roxie brushed her hair out of her face and smiled.

"Carla, we cant do this. I can't do this! I'm dating Daniel! I'm... I'm his girlfriend... Yeah, I love you... but I can't because of the age! From a legal standpoint, I could go to jail!" Roxie exclaimed, looking painfully hurt from admitting her feelings. Carla opened her mouth to speak, but quickly shut it.

"I'm leaving." Carla said, getting up and heading for the exit without anything else to say. Just as she reached the exit, Roxie grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"Carla please..." Roxie begged her. Carla smiler to herself, pulling Roxie closer to her before planting a firm kiss on her lips.

"I love you." Carla said flat out, letting Roxie's hand go to walk out of the restaurant as Roxie stood in place, not knowing what to do next...