Epilogue

Years had passed since the incident. It was one of the greatest of tragedies in the city in history, resulting in the death of 17 people, many who weren't found until after the killer had died. Carla was now in her twenties, working as a part-time security guard while attending police academy in Chicago. Meanwhile, Josie was a fashion designer living in San Francisco. The two have spoken little to each other since the incident, but still talk when they have the time. Roxie hasn't been seen by either of the two, dropping out of college and going into hiding from the trauma of the incident.

Carla and Josie did plan to meet up the following week in Chicago since Josie was more successful than Carla. It was one they continuously pushed back, fearing that it would open old wounds and destroy the resilience and mental strength they had gathered to protect themselves.

One the day of the meeting had come, Carla waited at a nice and cozy cafe to catch a bite at. Soon enough, a tall and darkly tanned beauty with silver hair wakes up and sat down. It was Josie. She smiled and leaned in towards Carla who chuckled and opened her arms out wide to receive a long overdue hug. As she did, Josie presses he lips firmly to her cheek.

"I've missed you." She said calmly, crossing her legs and leaning onto her hair. Carla chuckled, flipping her relatively short hair before speaking.

"I could've told you that one. How's my hair? Do you like it?" She asked Josie. Carlas hair was now cut into a a short tomboyish style as her hair was now dyed black. Josie leaned in more and smiled.

"It fits you, it's cute." She said, bringing a hand up to play with the hair. The two chatted for hours on end until they noticed how busy the cafe was getting. It was then that they both decided to just go for a walk and then go to Carla's apartment to relax afterwards. First though, the two stopped by an obscure building. It seemed abandoned, but once they got inside there were tons of people. One such person walked up to Carla, handing her a case of alcohol and taking money that she had in her hand. Josie giggled and  headed back out onto the street to where Carlas car had been parked. From there, the two drive back to her apartment to relax and unwind and talk more with each other.

Even though they were chatting so freely before, the realization of how long it had been since they saw one another hit Josie. She began to cry and smile at the same time, pointing to Carla.

"You know how long I waited for you? The second day after everything happened that night, the next thing I knew was that you moved her with your mom. Do you know how that made me feel?" She questioned Carla. She wept louder, grabbing a can of the alcohol to drink. Carla looked down, unsure what to say back to Josie. Silence filled the room until finally Carla stood up to sit next to Josie.

"I didn't want to move, my mom made me. She was scared for her life, you know? Who could blame her though... her child killed a serial killer in cold blood... No one asked me why I killed him, they didn't need to. They could tell that it wasn't for protection, it was through anger." Carla said in a low tone. Josie looked at her with sorrowful eyes, pulling her closer to her.

"Do you think about that night a lot?" She asked her. Carla nodded and grinned.

"I dream of it every night. The moment I killed him was the most elation I had felt. I felt powerful." Carla said, brushing her hair out of her eyes. Josie remained silent, looking out towards the window and allowing the soft sun's glow make her light brown skin radiant.

"I understand that, I mean I killed the sister... she was innocent, but I killed her because... of you. I didn't want you to get hurt, I loved you!" Josie exclaimed , bowing her head towards the ground. Carla smiles, rubbing her back to let her know she was there for her.

"Do you still like me?" Carla asked. Josie looked at her for a moment before a blush appeared onto her face. She nodded, moving her silver curls out of her eyes to look longer into Carla's eyes.

"I know it's been so long, but you're still the only one on my mind. Guys just don't do it for me at all and most girls are... bleh... I don't care about their gender though, it's just that their attitudes are shit. Hell, I have a new line coming out for androgynous clothing styles, so I don't even know what I am anymore... everything is just so confusing, but I figure out more of myself when I'm with you." She finished, frowning sadly.

Carla reaches over, pressing a hand to her cheek with a smile. "Well, I'd be more than happy to be of help to you. I could get a transfer to San Francisco with you and move there with you. We can help each other like we always have, what about that?" Carla suggested. Josie smiled, wrapping her arms around Carla for a deep embrace before kissing her lips softly without another word.

"I'd love that!" Josie shouted happily, planning out everything with Carla to come back with her...