Plan

Josie covered Carlas mouth as the to remained still in the room they sat in. The man took a loud deep breath and opened up the door with a nervous chuckle.

"Daniel, how are you doing dude? Man, it has been ages since I've seen you! How's Rox? I bet you love—"

"Shush! I need a place to hide Damien! They're after me, those fucking girls keep tricking me," He screamed, "I can't wait to bash their damn skulls in and just see their lifeless bodies in front of me... they deserve it, they deserve it all!" Daniel went on.

Damien stood in front of him, scared in place and confused on what to do next. He coughed, trying to shake himself out of it and then pointed towards his hands.

"Hey... you have some blood on your hands, why not clean that up in my sink? I've been seeing cops going up and down the street all night, it's best you clean it so you don't get me in trouble." Damien said, pointing to the room adjacent from the one Carla and Josie were in. Daniel nodded rapidly, rushing into the bathroom to clean himself up.

"I went into that house that Neil lived in, the guy that liked that bitch who tried to take Rox from me, and someone beat me to the bastards. Well, the son was shot to shit. The dad blew his own brains out with a shotgun. Those fucking pricks had it coming, I saw those damn girls running out of there too. I had to move their bodies to grab the shotgun, I couldn't leave such a good weapon there." Daniel chuckled, washing the blood off of his hands and down the sink.

Carla carefully pulled the door open, peering out to catch Damien's attention. He held up a finger, signaling for them to stay put just a little longer. She nodded, moving back into the room further, but went to a nearby window in the room and opened it up. Carla pulled the screen off of it too, allowing them to have an escape route in case things go bad for Damien. She then went back to Josie who hadn't said a word since they entered the house and held onto her tightly.

Daniel walked back into the living room, standing right in front of Damien. He smiled, picking up a nearby bottle of beer and chugged it before then picking up some chips and eating them.

"I have Rox at my house now. The stupid little bitch wouldn't stop trying to sneak shit to the doctors and nurses to tell them of my location, so I had to haul her to my house. My parents do whatever I say anyways, I'm sure they think I'll kill them if they don't, well, I would've. Haley doesn't know anything about her being there, all she cares about is fucking Carla. I hate little kids having crushes on one another, but I especially hate that it's a girl I'll be butchering too. Oh well, I don't care anymore." He sighed, sitting himself into the dirty floor, staring at Damien with an evil smirk. Damien tossed him another drink, laughing uncomfortably.

"Man since when did you grow such a big pair? Last time I saw you all you would do in complain about me playing mature video games because they were too violent for you. Oh have the tables have turned," He chuckled, holding up a gaming remote, "wanna play a bit? It's too late for me to sleep or do anything else anyways." He questioned Daniel. He shook his head, pointing directly towards the room that Carla and Josie were at. Damien tilted his head, acting as if he was lost.

"I heard someone." Daniel stated, standing up to walk towards the room. Damien stepped in front of him, sweating a little bit as he tried to come up with an excuse.

"Gwen is in there sleeping, you know girls." He said, laughing in a low tone. Daniel smiled, pressing his face closer to Damien's.

"I saw them. You let them in here." He said, pulling the shotgun off of his back to point at Damien's face. Daniel laughed, pumping the shotgun to shoot Damien, but he was soon stopped from a kick to the gut. His finger pressed the trigger, shooting the gun off towards the wall beside Damien who ran to his kitchen quickly to pull out a large knife.

"Calm down there bud, they ain't here, but I need you to relax." Damien said, stepping on the gun while holding the knife to Daniel's neck. Not a single word was spoken for a few moments until Daniel snickered and lifted his leg to kick Damien in his crotch which sent him backwards, holding onto his injured area. Daniel stood back up, pumping the shotgun again before pressing right up against Damien's head.

"See you in hell, bud." Daniel said, pressing the trigger as the slug went instantly into Damien's head. The room was completely silent, leaving Carla and Josie to decide that now was their time to leave. The two hopped out the window, and, once again, out into the night.

They didn't stop at another house, nor did they turn around to see if Daniel was following them. They already knew that the answer was yes. Carla knee where to go, the only place they could go, Daniel's house. Haley was the only possible one who could protect them, but, even then, Daniel would stop at nothing to protect himself. He didn't care if he had to kill his mom, dad, sister, girlfriend, anyone. He'd take them all out if he had to. Josie pulled out her wallet, grabbing multiple quarters out to hold onto.

"Let's find a payphone, you know Haley's phone number, right?" She asked. Carla nodded in response as the two ran to the closest pay phone that they knew of. After putting the quarters in and dialing Haley's phone number, it took two rings before she finally picked up.

"Hello? Who is this?" She asked. Carla smiled, happy that things are finally going okay for once.

"Hey, it's Carla... could Josie and I please come over... it's your brother." She said quickly. The line went quiet until she finally spoke back.

"Hurry and come here, I'll need to sneak you in. You have to lose my brother first. I'll be waiting, just throw some rocks up to my window when you're here." She said before hanging up. Carla put the phone back, letting Josie know the entire plan before they began to run as fast as they could into a nearby wooded area. Behind them, they heard leaves crunching and twigs snapping, so the two hid out under a shallow ditch that they'd found, covering their mouths to muffle their breathing. The footsteps cam up right beside them, then bolted past as more leaves were crushed in the opposite direction from any of them. Carla and Josie climbed out of the hold and carefully headed back to the road they were just on to head to Daniel's house...