Another Card To Play

We break away from our heroes at AGALE/A and tune in with the Anti-Ghoul responsible for the man-hunt in Salt Lake City, Trish. Currently she is making her way over to Oregon in order to further the plot of the Anti-Ghoul Commission. She is an average height, 5' 6" caucasian woman with pale skin, black hair and eyes. She is usually seen wearing a white blouse, black tie, black fingered gloves and black capris, but is usually covered by a black trench coat. Her abilities were still unknown, but she is known to be able to easily manipulate ghouls.

In Salem, Oregon, Trish goes walking around town until she stops at a random hotel. She checks in and stays there until the sun goes down, resurfacing and walking around the town once more. Out of the shadows, a few men begin to follow her, seemingly undetected. They make certain to keep a fair distance away, keeping an eye no her while remaining out of her sights. She makes a turn into an alley and the men turn into the alley in an attempt to corner her. Once they turn into the alley, they are met with an empty alley way. They stand frozen in confusion, but are then swept with a feeling of fear. Fear enough to turn their knees into jelly, immobilizing them and causing them to break into a cold sweat. They see a shadow appear behind them and it starts to get bigger as the caster of the shadow walks even closer to them. All but one of them is paralyzed with fear, although still heavily sweating, turns around and looks in the shadow's direction only to fall over at the sight before him. He is met with a demented version of Trish. The entirety of her eyes were pitch black, oozing a black tear-like liquid. She bent over, looked the man in his eyes and begins to speak in what sounded like two voices, one being her normal woman-like voice and the other being raspy and monstrous.

"Oh? You're able to resist the fear enough to look at me?"

As she speaks, the man begins to hyperventilate and tears well up in his eyes. The fear was becoming increasingly intense as she spoke and looked him in his eyes.

"I know who you men are. I know what you are, and you're going to take me to your leader. You're so called, 'King'."

The man couldn't take it anymore and finally blacked out due to the tremendous fear he was feeling as he looked her in her black, soulless eyes. Trish stands upright and looks at the unconscious man on the ground. All the men could hear, still not facing her, were sounds of their friend being torn apart. She threw his head between the men, having his head roll in a way that it faces them. One of the men made eye contact with the severed head, began hyperventilating and then immediately vomits.

"I'm going to need you gentlemen to take me to your leader. My sources tell me that the unranked ghoul 'Zeus' and a gang of ghouls which he leads resides here in Oregon. I was told that this town was the most recent city hideout that he has been staying in. Now, take me to him."

Trish releases her grip of fear on them just enough to allow them their mobility, but enough to continue manipulating them. Her eyes return to normal and she follows behind the men as they lead her to their hideout. The 4 of them get into a silver Toyota Hiace '03 and drive off in the direction of Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn. When they arrived, she noticed how – other than the staff – the premises was seemingly vacant.

"I get this is a 3-star hotel, but shouldn't there be at least a few people here? This place doesn't have bad facilities... One of you, explain."

"Once Zeus arrived, he let us eat all of the guests here, sparing the staff to clean up the mess and tend to him and the rest of the gang."

"Thank you. By the way, how strong is your leader's sense of smell?"

"Aside from the queen, he's said to have the most heightened senses among ghouls. Certainly in the entire gang and ghouls we've faced so far, but I'm not sure of any other ghouls."